HELP PLEASE

KCW

I just got the boat i bought home today and was cleaning under the back deck were the alum. gas tank is. Noticed a wet spot next to the gas outlet, checked it with my finger and it went thru.$%^t gas every were, my buddy got a smoke going.(*&&^^)... Anyways tank is drained , the metal around finger hole seems to be sound. I know there is a product called seal all and you can repair gas tanks with it. Has any one tried it or is there anything better. I can make a new gas tank myself but would rather do it this winter. Thanks for any info

Seal-All will work just fine for a small hole. I rather doubt it would work for something finger sized though. I've had great success with it on plastic and fiberglass, but never tried it on aluminum.
Methinks you'd best consult a metal fabricator.
Good luck.

IF YOU HAVE ONE HOLE THERE WILL SOON BEE OTHERS. I HAVE SEEN THIS QUITE OFTEN. TEMP FIX TRY JB WELD AND A SMALL PIECE OF AL.TANK MUST BE SANDED CLAEN FOR ADHESION.

Hey KCW , lifes short ,no sense in making it shorter. Pull the tank and replace it , you will sleep and fish alot better.

beemer

I Agree....For what its worth replace the the tank...life too short! and there are too many fish out there to catch.

cheers

I had one of those aluminium gas tanks in my old Double Eagle once there is one hole others will soon appear,no matter how solid it appears, trust me.Rust(corrision)never sleeps. I couldnt afford to get it fixed so I bought some 10 gallon plastic day tanks, pain in the butt but safer.Fix it when you have the time.

Thanks guys .I used a putty that you need together, seemed to work for now.I will be making a new tank at work sooner than later now so I can sleep. I can stay with alum. or I can use 316 stainless it will be heavier but will probally last longer.

Back