HELP bought a used boat.

Andrew16161

I have a question/problem.

I bought a 1974 boat a few weeks ago for $100. I’ve been redoing the interior as it needs lots of work.
The person who I bought it from had it sitting on their property for several years. When the previous owner bought the boat they never received a bill of sale/title for the boat and trailer. So when I bought it I didn’t receive anything as well. I don’t have the papers for the boat or the trailer.

I know I’m going to have to register the trailer under “Homemade”,
BUT how do I go about Licensing the boat with any papers?
Has anyone had a similar scenario and how did you go about it?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thank you.

i have done the same for the boat,
the trailer will be a bigger problem, as a u-built to will need to provide receipts for the materials (axles steel fenders tires ...) used to build said trailer

When you went through the process what did you select for this question? (Yes or No)
"The vessel is, or has previously been registered in Canada or a foreign country (select one)"

When you went through the process what did you select for this question? (Yes or No)
"The vessel is, or has previously been registered in Canada or a foreign country (select one)"
Does it have a license number ie. BC——- ?

Hey guys I have a similar issue as I did not get the paperwork for my boat either. The previous owner never got the paperwork from the owner before him and before him the transom was rebuilt for the pod. So the pod side of the stern was glasses over to seal the leg hole up. But the glass work goes all the way up to the rub rail. So I believe the vin was covered up in the process. I can’t find a vin or placard on the boat anywhere. But the numbers are still on the boat from being registered in the past. My question is should I just register it as a new boat without a vin some how? Or try and some how use the old registration number on the side of the hull to get it in my name?
Thank in advance!

Back