HELP, butt sticks up to high

albernifisher

Since I put the pod on my boat, with the extra flotation the stern is floating about 4-5 inches higher than it should.Thought about sliding the fuel tank back but it looks like a big job,have also been thinking about cutting a hole in the back of the pod and putting a vent in the top.Theory about this would be,when trolling the pod will fill up with water to the water line on the boat and when getting up on plane and running the water will drain out of the hole in the back of the pod.

Not sure you would want to lose all your floatation from the pod by drilling holes in it?

OK got this one covered for you as I had the same problem.... with my pod till a lot of experimenting.
I assume you have an access hatch on the top??
What i did was start by adding 5 gallons of water to the pod (FRESH) btw. then ran it for a bit to see how it handled. i personally added a bit more each trip to notice any differences. till I found out just how much weight i needed.took all thw ater out put in a piece of thick rubber then poured some lead ingates at 40 lbs per.. they are still in the boat now for the guy who bought the boat. If I remeber right it was about 120 lbs i used not much for the whole scheme of things. just experimant you will find a happy medium.
As for drill holes not a good idea as it may create too much weight especially in a following sea...
Good luck wolf

get a bigger motor?:rolleyes:

hatch/ and store your leads/extra leads

battery boxes?

I know the guys up in camp at Nootka use truck inner tubes filled with sand in the bow of their Grady's to keep the bow down when running offshore. This options lets you move them around under different load conditions.

Back