Heavy Duty Aluminum Prawn Trap Puller

Oh man I sold that thing for way too cheap o_O

raincity, why'd you sell it? It can't be any slower than the Brutus.. Speaking of the Brutus, for you guys who have one.. do you leave the battery switch onto 1 battery and keep the engine running so that it doesn't deplete the battery while pulling up multiple prawn traps or do you switch to combine to connect both batteries 1 and 2 together for larger capacity? I have a jumper onboard so not too concerned about not being able to start up main engine.

Last edited:
raincity, why'd you sell it? It can't be any slower than the Brutus..
Just too big and bulky and wasn't hands free. Got a good deal on a new brutus so went for it. The way it was mounted was just about the worse place it could have been and I wasn't into spending any time or money into modifying it. It worked great so a good deal for a fellow member.

Just too big and bulky and wasn't hands free. Got a good deal on a new brutus so went for it. The way it was mounted was just about the worse place it could have been and I wasn't into spending any time or money into modifying it. It worked great so a good deal for a fellow member.

was the retrieve noticeably faster? The only downside of the brutus is the slow retrieval speeds. Wish they had an option to upgrade to a motor that was twice as big/fast. I have the latest motor from them so it's the fastest one that they have.

was the retrieve noticeably faster? The only downside of the brutus is the slow retrieval speeds. Wish they had an option to upgrade to a motor that was twice as big/fast. I have the latest motor from them so it's the fastest one that they have.
No about the same but didn't struggle with the heavy traps like the brutus does.

I don't have a Brutus, I have a Scotty which I'm sure is similar and usually leave the main running. With the main running you have maybe 13.5-14 volts vs 12.2 ish on the battery under load. Makes a big difference for speed and power I find.

I don't have a Brutus, I have a Scotty which I'm sure is similar and usually leave the main running. With the main running you have maybe 13.5-14 volts vs 12.2 ish on the battery under load. Makes a big difference for speed and power I find.
A buddy of mine actually showed me last time out that he takes up all the slack by hand before he hooks into the puller. Seems obvious now but hell I hadn't thought about it o_O

Oh man I sold that thing for way too cheap o_O
Lucky me I guess. I still haven't used it yet. I still have to figure out how I am going to mount it. I have a few ideas now that I have seen the website.

Back