Has anyone have reports about " Lure Charge " spoons?

Discussion in 'General Open Forum' started by Fish Camp, Jun 14, 2018 at 6:33 AM.

1. Fish Camp

Fish Camp Well-Known Member

2. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Active Member

It is a quality product based upon older almost forgotten technology. Metal commercial spoons also create an electrical charge that in many cases can help to attract fish. So can downrigger wire(not braid). There is a great study paper that was written in the 70's observing this vary subject and the effects of using electricity to attract fish in our local commercial fishery here in BC. Another good read is a book written in the late 80's or early 90's called Fishing with Electricity. All great information and part of the reason why I never made the move over to braid. I stuck it out with wire because of the benefits that it offers me in my fishing system. There are arguments to both sides, but there is no wrong way to fish as long as you are happy with how well you are doing. :)

IronNoggin likes this.
  3. Trophy

Trophy Active Member

Interesting that this topic came up today!
    Bought a couple spoons from a HC discount bin. Used them a few times and had good results but nothing noteable. Today we happened to have a fantastic day and limited out. We were using a lure charge spoon which had 90 % of the action! Similar depths, same saulty dawg flashers ...Irish cream lure charge on one side and a irish cream coyote on the other. Was it the charge, the flutter from the small swivel, spoon shape, or ??? All I know is they will be moving up in the “go to” list.

Stizzla likes this.