Has Anybody Here Vinyl Wrapped Their Boat?

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by Stizzla, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Stizzla

Stizzla Well-Known Member

Hi! Yes, I understand it doesn’t add any funcionality. I still want my fishing machine to look it’s best. I’m thinking just a solid navy blue, it will contrast nicely with the new Sunbrella cadet grey top I had made. Wondering for those who have had it done, how has it held up? I trailer it and always wash the entire boat after every use.
    Attached is a pic of my boat and then the vibe im aiming for:
    Edit: The pics are getting stuck for now. I will try again later and refresh the thread

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  2. Rain City

Rain City Well-Known Member

Text the pics to yourself, save them then use those ones. And for god sake hit the full image button.

Stizzla likes this.
  3. Stizzla

That’s exactly what I’ve been trying. It just tries loading for about 10 seconds and disappears. Hmm.
    RC- do you know anyone that’s had it done?

4. Stizzla

5. Rain City

Rain City Well-Known Member

No I don't but I've seen that skeleton fish guide boat out there for a few seasons now and it still looks good from 100 yards at about 3 miles per hour.;)

g ram and Stizzla like this.
  6. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

Wonder what the cost is for a 16-18' boat ?

7. Thunder21

Thunder21 Active Member

I saw online that the shop in Campbell river has been wrapping boats. They mentioned they will be wrapping some big yachts in the near future as well. Give them a call. The shop is called Epic I think. I called a place up north last week to ask about wrapping the cab only on a 4 door f450. They quoted me roughly 3500$

8. PatyO'Furniture

PatyO'Furniture Active Member

should ask hindsight how much to get his boat done, I think I saw graphic FX here in victoria posting about doing it but I could be mistaken.
    http://hindsightfishing.com/

9. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

IMG_1653.JPG This guy rips over from the US regularly.....his wrap looks pretty damn bad ass

saanauk and fishin solo like this.
  10. Stizzla

My best bud runs GFX- that’s who would do it. He will give me a hookup for under $1000.00 for material and labour. Not bad. Just want to get more than a few years out of it. I heard one person say they know a guide who’s Vinyl is coming off and looks rough after a year. Who knows if it was a DIY job or not though.

11. Reel Gone

Reel Gone Member

A co worker of mine did his 30’ blow boat 3 years ago in black and it still looks good

12. Stizzla

Thanks RG

13. ILHG

ILHG Well-Known Member

This is something I was also considering. @Stizzla keep us posted on how you make out.

14. Floater

Floater Active Member

You have the new Hewes dont you?

2 coats of Shark hide before it hits the water and your boat will look great. Mine still reflects after nearly 3 years of solid use.

15. ILHG

ILHG Well-Known Member

I have heard about the Shark hide. I will have to look into it.

16. Stizzla

Will do amigo. It might be a while before I can get it done. With the new baby and all of the time off im taking to get my wife healthy, I don’t think it will be very high on my list to do. I also won’t likely be fishing in the next while, so please everybody keep posting reports and add pics to the bragging rights thread. It helped me get by the last 8 days and nights in the hospital!

ILHG, fishin solo and SteelyDan like this.
  17. triplenickel

triplenickel Well-Known Member

I bought some vinyl last summer to do mine but time flew past and before I knew it the weather had changed. I ordered high quality auto wrap, it was a bit over $400 for my 19’ boat. I’ll let you know how it went in a couple months when it warms up.

Stizzla likes this.
  18. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

It's not easy. Most I'll take on myself is wrapping parts. A whole hull would be hard to do thats for sure. I put a big graphics kit on the aluminum siding on my camper and that was a pain. One of those looks good from far type dealies.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  19. Stizzla

You’d better! What colour did you go with. Besides the solid navy blue, I’m also looking at a navy blue/white digital cam0.

20. Stizzla

Indeed. I think it’s more of a 2-3 person job. The nice thing is there are not sharp corners to wrap around and I’m not against using contrasting colour as a pinstripe to finish it at the top and/or bottom. But I agree it would be a real pisser if it didn’t turn out and you waste $300-$500 in materials!