Hardy "10 10" mooching rod

spoiler

I have just acquired a Hardy "10 10" mooching rod. It's not in mint condition and need a little cleaning up but will fish just fine. I'm trying to get a sense of what the value is. anyone?

I have just acquired a Hardy "10 10" mooching rod. It's not in mint condition and need a little cleaning up but will fish just fine. I'm trying to get a sense of what the value is. anyone?

I got a hardy moocher rod that was restored I paid $250 shipped, they are really nice quality and made in england getting harder and harder to find

Not worth much at all, as they weigh a ton.

Heavy for sure but also a nice smooth even action to them. The older Hardy rods you really notice the smooth action when putting the balls to the fish. Not so much at all though when fighting smaller fish. The old fly rods are sweet feeling too as long as you use a smaller rod for the size fish your targeting so you can get to use the part of the rod that shines through which is when the rod really bends over on the fight.

Now that is one of the funniest posts ever on HBC, you hardware draggers troll around 15lbs worth of lead and you say a hardy rod is too heavy, that is some funny chit, Spoiler disregard Stormtrooper's post :D i will take it as i have 3 and need a fourth to go along with my 8 Longstones:rolleyes:
I just knew it :)

Now that is one of the funniest posts ever on HBC, you hardware draggers troll around 15lbs worth of lead and you say a hardy rod is too heavy, that is some funny chit, Spoiler disregard Stormtrooper's post :D i will take it as i have 3 and need a fourth to go along with my 8 Longstones:rolleyes:
Easy now grumpy lol, i hear you mooching boys are using 10and 12 once weights now a day lmao

Hey Jackel,
Maybe we can work out a deal that includes a day with you in Port Renfrew cut-plugging for big Springs!

Interesting perspectives. I bought one in about 1976 for about $75 and have used it for drift fishing rivers ever since. It is heavy compared to modern rods given it is made of fibreglass, but it has a certain soul that the lighter, newer rods can't duplicate. My buddies sneer at it and call it a "telephone pole". I love it......so much that I stripped it down to bare blank a couple years ago and completely rebuilt it.

And if anyone wants to sell one cheap I'm all in.

I have a hardy mooching 10', not a 10 10. almost like new. not being used as butt won't fit in downrigger holder. anyone interested?

I have a hardy mooching 10', not a 10 10. almost like new. not being used as butt won't fit in downrigger holder. anyone interested?

Hi Ben Cool, Yes, I would be interested in your 10 Ft Hardy rod. Where are you located and how much do you want for it?? I'm in Campbell River...PM sent.

Last edited:
Hi Ben Cool, It was great doing business with you. "Reely" nice rod and I look forward to using it next summer.....Thanks.....

So I'm ready to sell my Hardy 10' 10" mooching rod if anyone is interested.
I'm in Chilliwack but work in Langley so I can meet somewhere in that region.

I could be wrong, but I thought 10 10 stood for 10ft. 10 weight. As in fly rod blank, just a fly blank tied into a moocher. Kinda like the old Fenwick 1262 and 1264, the 1262 was like a 10'6" 6 weight and the 1264 was like a 10'6" 8 weight. The 10 10 was THE thing to own to go along with a silex for Steelheaders in the 60's and 70's before graphite came out big time.

Back