Hand cleaner

Chuck

Looking for an unscented hand cleaner for use in the boat. What are you using or recommend?

your choice of soap (I like sunlight) white sugar and warm water.removes the toughest grease in seconds,and inexpencive.

I don't know if I should brush my teeth or go to the dentist

“Dr. Bronners” soap, or the juice from a fresh squeezed lemon. Bye bye fish smell. Learned the lemon trick working in commercial kitchens.

I've been using hand cleaner for an initial cleaning, then wiping with "baby wipes" and final rinse with bottled water. figure the baby wipes shouldn't have too many harsh chemicals hopefully. Not sure if it's helped my fishing though... hehe
Do keep nitrile gloves on the boat and use them also from time to time.
Campsuds is good too. (as triplenickle mentioned) Only stuff i've found that seems to be able to get a good lather with saltwater.

I noticed some of the Columbia river boats use a "hot box", they plumb the kicker cooling system utilizing the warm water to fill a small wash bin at the back of the boat for washing hands.

For hand soap, try some borax. Its also used to cure roe for salmon fishing, doesn't seem to bother salmon.
Ive seen natural borax soap at farmers markets if you prefer a bar.

Anyone try the stainless soap? Looks like a joke but people believe it works.

https://www.amazon.ca/Amco-Rub-A-Wa...e=en-CA&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_efzsmx0zj_e

The original lemon fresh joy. Hands and gear all get washed in it . Learned it from an old boy in nootka years ago. I pretty much quit using all scents on hardware and just slather it up with joy.

Actually, I think there is something to that. Someone showed me this years ago. After cooking with garlic, just rub your hands a bit on the metal garlic press. It's pretty weird but it works.

any piece of stainless steel will remove the smell of garlic onions and or fish

Back