Halibut report.

wolf

Hello everyone well here is my report for the first time this year for halibut!!!!!!!!! Was out today with some friends and we got 4 average was around the 45 to 55 lb range all on gorge herring very nice suuny day also tried mac,and octo but they liked the herring today.

Good Luck Wolf

P.S pooned them all!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the report, Wolf. I'm going out on Wednesday morning from Pedder. I had another question(I always seem to have one!) Do you brine your herring when fishing for halibut like anchovy for salmon?
Tom

no not at all doesnt stay around long enough to worry about it.

185 yes you can ask! i was on the juan de fuca strait LOL
Sorry cant tell you where i was.

Hi Wolf,Just have a question for you.How can i put it.Iv'e taken guides before on the columbia river for kings He told me the season was 2 weeks after prime and probably would'nt catch one.I told him what i really needed to know was how to fish the area.He said cool,lets go Showed me a few spots,and had a great time and hooked a fish.Do do the B.C.guides Have the same attitude? Thanks john.

thanks the runt

Dont know what your trying to ask me there runt are you taking guides out?

Running very well Fin's, Handles the snotty weather well. Hoping to slime the deck with some Hali soon. Been out a few times dragging various anchors around. Was having trouble hooking the bohemuth in. Solved that with 30 feet of chain and built a tigg welded anchor fit for holding an oil rig! My other boat is still home and ready for some prawning until it sells. Have you been out?

Just put the old girl in yesterday with nothing too report! It's tough keeping up to you guys with your fancy boats.

Tournament Proven !

Runt,

With regards to your question about BC guides
I think its too general of a question. You can't really compare BC guides in general to guides on the Columbia.
But anyways, I've done some guiding and I've noticed there are two types of fishermen.

The first are the stubborn ones who don't like to give out info because they think ppl might catch the same fish they might have caught, or something to that extent.

The second is obviously the opposite. Personally, I help other fishermen out whenever I can. If I give some guy some info, and I see him landing a fish, thats great, I've had tourists in other boats pull along side me and hand me a 6-pack because they took my advice and started nailing fish. Instances like that really leave an impression on whomever your guiding too. So to answer your question, as far as I'm concerned, the important thing is to show your guests a good time, and if they want to learn how to fish your area, show them.

Captain Dudds

going out tommorow if i can ill let you know Wolf

Back