Hali Tides 2020

chris73

I just found some time to mark up the Murray's Current Table for good Jdf hali tides. Wow, the fall months have fantastic tides pretty much every month! Oct-Dec there are barely 7 days each month when you CANNOT anchor and hali fish somewhere around Victoria. I don't think I have seen such a great series of good tide constellations ever! Wonder if that only comes around every so many years but has gone unnoticed for me in the past due to more focus on salmon? Anyway, something to look forward to and here's to hoping for a windless fall!

I keep hearing about a place called the mud hole off Victoria for halibut fishing. Where abouts is it and which current chart for it?

I keep hearing about a place called the mud hole off Victoria for halibut fishing. Where abouts is it and which current chart for it?

It's anywhere 250-300 feet of water between COnstance Bank and Race Rocks. Fishes well on ebb currents less then 1.1KNT peak. It's a large area with not a lot of real "holes" but it does produce. Great place to fish if you are learning anchoring, currents are more forgiving the Conny/Race/Haro. There are some decent spots in the shipping lanes, be careful.

Back