H Kingfisher

J-GLOBAL

Looking at a new Kingfisher 2825. Powering it with a Yamaha F350 single ob.
Have been thinking about what kind of Kicker to put on it. Yamaha 9.9 HT is the recommended, but I was thinking of going bigger, problem is the shaft drops to 20" only instead of the recommended 25" XL.

Staying with AL
After looking for a while, I haven't seen all the makes/models, but the Kingfisher seemed to have the best fit/finish/appeal above the waterline to keep my family happy, and have great fishability from all I've seen (at or below the price point I can afford).

Interested in any comments, feedback, suggestions, pros/cons, that you can post.

Thanks!

(and if bought, the Drag'N'Fly will be up for sale)

Looking at a new Kingfisher 2825. Powering it with a Yamaha F350 single ob.
Have been thinking about what kind of Kicker to put on it. Yamaha 9.9 HT is the recommended, but I was thinking of going bigger, problem is the shaft drops to 20" only instead of the recommended 25" XL.

Staying with AL
After looking for a while, I haven't seen all the makes/models, but the Kingfisher seemed to have the best fit/finish/appeal above the waterline to keep my family happy, and have great fishability from all I've seen (at or below the price point I can afford).

Interested in any comments, feedback, suggestions, pros/cons, that you can post.

Thanks!

(and if bought, the Drag'N'Fly will be up for sale)

Twin Suzuki's instead of single or 300 Suzuki. A few boys on here know a few bad stories on the 350. 9.9 Yam Bullet proof

twin 175 zuks is what both of us should get.... group buy at breakers?

nice choice..

What do you have on there now, and how does it move?

225 honda with a 4 blade 15 pitch... With a full tank of fuel and 3-4 adults on board i can barely get it on plane never mind power through or over swells...its warrantied up to 300 but i feel 75 more ponies are not going to be enough. I am of the frame of mind to over power a boat and work the motor way less.

If you go four stroke make sure you are close to the max the boat is rated for. If you go too low you will find that it will be slow at getting up on plane. When this happens you will not like the four stroke. When you match the power to the boat you will love them.

single 350s

They had 2825s at both the Vancouver and Seattle shows, both powered with single Y. F350s.
There's another 2825 for sale in the interior, again with a single F350.

Maybe Yamaha is trying to get rid of the 350s if they have a bunch with problems?
The Warranty is 5 years.

The max rating is 450 for that boat.

The salesman explained to me that twinning drops the overall HP by 10% or so. SO if I powered it with twin 200s (400hp), I'd still end up with 350hp effectively. Don't know if that's true or not - anyone know if that is accurate? Twin 225s would give about 400hp effectively. (Can't remember the exact terms used).

I do like my Suzuki 140 on the current boat, more than I like the Yamaha 8 HT kicker - a little too much vibration, but it might be my setup.

had two cranks go pop last year at harrisons cove on the 350 yam,,, this got me some more work!!

I have a Woflcraft 30ft Coastal Cruiser which has a bottom length of 32ft and it is powered by twin E-tecs 250hp each and have no issues. What ever way you choose bring the power as close to 500 as you can, you are better to have power in reserve than not enough power.

Twins=twice the maintenance 2 x's the breakage if you hit a deadhead. A solid new 350 would be perfect with a 15 high thrust or 20 HP.

untill it breaks down 30 miles off shore--even 20 hp kicker might have difficulty with that large fishing boat-- I always prefer 4 engine airplanes (that's cause they don't make any with 6-LOL)

Doesn't inspire confidence:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/bod/2873617684.html

On behalf of marine underwriters' we have for sale a 2006 HARBOURCRAFT 25'6" "Kingfisher" aluminum hull with 2006 YAMAHA 250 HP outboard engine. The vessel sank at the dock and were therefore both the hull and engine were completely submerged.

got to be worth hull scrap value ?

bet it go's for over 10K though

also depending how long it was under for?

total rewire // strip out and new re-power getting back to be an expensive buy

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a 30' Harbecraft for sale on craigslist anchorage. An easy five day drive to the lower Mainland. Shipping is cheap since most trucks leave empty for the return trip south.

I know it's an old post. But does anyone know how much the sunken 25' sold for...???

I would go for twin 225 Opti's,cruise at 3800 RPM and burn 10 gallons an hour [each].Low maint.,lightweight,and a nice snarl when you open them up.

Back