Guy Selling Crab on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management.' started by Captain PartyMarty, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Captain PartyMarty

Captain PartyMarty Well-Known Member

CRGreg, leaseman and kingblazer84 like this.
  2. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

ah yes the good ol measurement of "Medium" o_O:mad:

3. wishiniwasfishin1

wishiniwasfishin1 Well-Known Member

Nice of him to post his address!

4. TheDude

TheDude New Member

fish4all likes this.
  5. Captain PartyMarty

6. Tinny

Tinny Well-Known Member

Hope DFO gets this guy.

7. Captain PartyMarty

The strange thing is I can't get the reply button to put out his number or email keeps giving me an error

8. kingblazer84

• contact name:
      Tony

• (604) 862-7191
    GOOOOOOOOOT IT LOL now call dfo

9. Captain PartyMarty

Reported it again with guys contact information can only hope they nail him to the wall

10. kingblazer84

I would set him up with a fake text asking for the address to pick them up lol then get the cops involved as well

11. SpringFever552

SpringFever552 Well-Known Member

12. Whole in the Water

Whole in the Water Well-Known Member

Gotta hope that this person gets nailed!

13. Tips Up

Tips Up Well-Known Member

I forwarded the add to a friend .. RAPP email. yesterday. Easy to do right from the add.

trophywife likes this.
  14. Whitebuck

Whitebuck Well-Known Member

Its funny that DFO is on this site and will chime in on the most menial stuff.
    Or try and bust people during a protest fishery while thousands of chinook are being killed along with steelhead and coho....or guided trips from Vancouver to the island for RCA fishing.
    People pulling other fisherman's prawn/crab traps as a daily business around Vancouver and nothing gets done.

15. Captain PartyMarty

16. sasqman

sasqman Crew Member

Maybe it's a sting operation? Anyone try and buy them and had their vehicle impounded?

trophywife likes this.
  17. ILHG

ILHG Crew Member

At first I thought maybe it was a guy playing a joke on a buddy. A buddy of mine got pranked during covid food hoarding frenzy.

A guy he works with put an add in kijiji for 6 free egg laying chickens & put my buddies name and number down. His phone would not stop ringing & had no idea what was going on. He left his phone off for a week it was so bad.

18. chromatose007

chromatose007 Active Member

Here's a DFO/RCMP story for you:
    Few years back in Esperanza, the fish cops came by and checked us out.
    I asked him why he wasn't busting the illegal guide operators at Ferrer Pt right now
    They said how do you know? I said, because the boat has OUTDOOR WORLD on the side w/a young guide at the back and 2 old 'guests' fishing
    They said that it would be very hard to prove. I said, do you want me to take some video for you? Or, you could get them in Tahsis
    They deferred and left pretty quick after that little shame fest...

19. Unreel

Unreel Well-Known Member

Clearly someone who knows what there doing is illegal, keep deleting the post and reposting. Would not be hard at all for a fisheries officer to call and buy them from him, heard of that happening here on the island last year with someone selling on facebook. If anyone gets the screenshot of the add send it to fisheries.

20. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

naw dfo disbanded their special investigation team years ago.