Gulf Is. Prawning Advice

• Thread starter Janet or Richard Wilson
  • Start date
J

Janet or Richard Wilson

We are off to explore the Gulf Is. beginning with Cabbage and Tumbo. How is the prawning out there and can anyone advise us on sites and techniques?

Many thanks,
Janet Wilson

westernwilson@telus.net

Thanks, Victor. We have a float attaching trap puller.

Now, is the prawning good in the Gulf Islands, and if so, what sort of spots should we check out, especially (as we will be there soon) around Tumbo and Galiano Islands.

Regards,
Janet

westernwilson@telus.net

Thanks, Victor. We have a float attaching trap puller.

Now, is the prawning good in the Gulf Islands, and if so, what sort of spots should we check out, especially (as we will be there soon) around Tumbo and Galiano Islands.

Regards,
Janet

westernwilson@telus.net

Im not sure if the prawning is good that way but i can tell you to set your traps in 240 -300 feet of water for the best results. As well as making sure you soak your prawn pellets in water six hours or so prior to setting the traps out. This is important because the scent is not realeased if the pellets are not disolving. good luck

Jason Ebbs

Im not sure if the prawning is good that way but i can tell you to set your traps in 240 -300 feet of water for the best results. As well as making sure you soak your prawn pellets in water six hours or so prior to setting the traps out. This is important because the scent is not realeased if the pellets are not disolving. good luck

Jason Ebbs

Jason Ebbs

commercial prawning has been going hard over here in the gulf islands, they were even weaving in and out of the sporties fishing the derby on the weekend, i think the commercial season ends on the 21st a month after that might be ok, other then that you can expect pretty limited amounts in your pulls from what i have been told.

Holy Crap! way to dredge up an old one lol
11 year old thread.
must be some sort of record.

Back