Group Pod Build

EZZ70

Hi all, I know there are a few of us looking to get a pod build for our 23' Hourston's, Im just wonder if we can come together and do a group/quantity build as we may be able to save a few bucks...

Are there any other interest?

casper
23Hourston
Robert Snyder
ab1752

Last edited:
I'm interested as well I had a very long look today at a PDR pod on a seasport (I think it was a seaport 24) and was impressed. It's a dual motor setup and has a kicker provision. I'm a bit dizzy from reading up on pods and so forth but I'm not too far out of the conversation here with my 26' Hourston. I am also considering a new boat but have also realized I really like mine a lot too. They only built a few 26' island runners like mine with outboards and I have yet to see one in person.

Apparently there is one at Thunderbird in west van which I'd like to check out sometime.

Have you spoken with PDR yet at all? They're in Bellingham which isnt a big deal, I am thinking I will give them a shout week after next and boot down for a visit. If I go this way I'd like a one stop experience and need to really understand duals vs a big single om my hull. I keep coming back to duals being a) redundant and b) more stable under way.

Cheers

Hey ab1752, Thank you for the reply and interest, I have not yet looked at the PDR but will now :) Please keep us posted on update if and when you visit, please post a few pics, Thank you

Pdr marine I believe others on here have used them as well. The Seasport is sitting right next to my boat so I will take a few pics next time I am down there.

Pdr marine I believe others on here have used them as well. The Seasport is sitting right next to my boat so I will take a few pics next time I am down there.

... and thank you kind sir :)

I must say, I know like the product that PRD has, I just might call them this week as well...

Hope this works...

Attachments

• 20190915_140742_resized.jpg
    20190915_140742_resized.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190915_140801_resized.jpg
    20190915_140801_resized.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 20190915_140817_resized.jpg
    20190915_140817_resized.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 20190915_141601_resized.jpg
    20190915_141601_resized.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 20190915_141844_resized.jpg
    20190915_141844_resized.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 182
I really like how they make use of space with the swim ladder swing out to starboard and even with duals theres room for the kicker bracket. I'm going to contact them very soon for sure

That does seem high - especially if the design and drawings are already done. Are they designing as well or is this the factory pod?

nope just the standard POD for a Seasport, no modifications, twin engine setup with additional kicker fixed mount. It apparently also included a 15% material surcharge. I assume another 15% tax at the border and it really starts to get expensive.

Did you have them quote on the glass work and pod installation? Having had a close look at their pods I am very impressed. A pod which holds $40,000 in engines better bring the goods, equally important is the remediation work necessary to re and re the boat for the pod install.

Back