Great deal on crabs

Discussion in 'Recipes, Storage and Preparation of Seafood' started by Striper Sniper, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Striper Sniper

Striper Sniper Active Member

Hey guys, seeing as I bought more than my share I will share this with you guys........

Just got back from Superstore in Courtenay where they had advertised "small" live crab for $4.98 per lb. Well as it turns out the supplier must have screwed up and most of the crab are actually well over 2 pounds which makes them large crabs. I purchased six and they were all over 2 pounds and averaged $11 for the smallest to $14 for the largest.........

Nice clean crabs from Ucluelet area.

SS

2. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Crew Member

Are they hard shelled? Just wondering as I got one from POJO's live and I never touched it till I got it home and guess what...

3. Striper Sniper

Striper Sniper Active Member

I'm sure happy with them........

SS

4. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Just might have to go have a look tomorrow... sound really good compared to launching the boat and "maybe" getting a feed

5. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Crew Member

Just went and picked some up. Thanks SS,

Can you guess whats for dinner?

6. Last Chance

Last Chance Admin Staff Member

Crabbing's been good right off of the Victoria harbour mouth, if anyone wants to try before buying.

7. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Picked up two beauties yesterday.... 2 1/4 lbs and 2 1/8th lbs. Over 8 " across the shells. I made the fish dude rummage through them to make sure they were hardshell.

One crab cooked last night, wok stir-fried in peanut oil, garlic and scallions. Complimented by an Asian cucumber, bean sprout and ginger salad with brown rice.

Tonight , plain old boiled crab salad.....Wunnerful!!!!!!

8. Heads Up

Heads Up Guest

Thanks for the tip SS

9. cedarman

cedarman Member

Just Head to Surrey and you can get crabs for as low as $10 bucks... lol