Great Deal Kingfisher

They are going to have that boat a while. Go see them December 10 and then negotiate.

Realistically, what should this boat go for? I've been watching this one for a while and like the fact that it has twin 200's as most you see have 150's. Has anyone looked at this boat? The say in the add that the cockpit is light be bed of an old pickup.....how rough are we talking? I havent really looked but how tough would it be to find a trailer for this rig. Any thoughts about this boat would be greatly appreciated.......

I have the same boat but 1 year newer and I love it.
Very comfortable small live on.
I am not a fan of those older 200's as I have heard they have design issues.
Also they are quite a bit heavier than the 150's.
This is a 9'6" wide boat so permit is required to trailer.
Price is right though.

Price seems good, but as was said those engines don't have the best reputation... Rebuilt, whatever that means . Factor the possible repower in and the fact that the condition is pretty rough, no trailer.... There's the reason this boat isn't moving.

Deals don't last. That's the reality.

if someone got this for 80-90k, its a great deal, run it til those 200's die!!

You may want to reconsider paying nearly 90K for a 28 foot aluminum boat that doesn't even have 1/4" thick bottom. It is cheap but be do some serious reading before dropping that kind of dough. These are not not a North Westy, Eaglecraft/Diagle, Armstrong......Not even up there with Lifetimers or Silver Streaks......Just my opinion.

You may want to reconsider paying nearly 90K for a 28 foot aluminum boat that doesn't even have 1/4" thick bottom. It is cheap but be do some serious reading before dropping that kind of dough. These are not not a North Westy, Eaglecraft/Diagle, Armstrong......Not even up there with Lifetimers or Silver Streaks......Just my opinion.

I know it's not as well built as the boats you listed above but here is a link of a 2008 27 foot silver streak it's a much nicer boat but take a look at the price. The kingfisher looks like a pretty good price in comparison

http://www.silverstreakboats.com/new-used/27-0-cuddy-cabin-with-9-5-beam/20

I just read my last post, I must have been grumpy last night as it sort of came across rude and abrupt. My apologies folks, looks like I need a day out on the water to reset the soul!

You sir (JAC) are correct, the prices are a huge difference, one would almost say double. I guess what I get frustrated with is when people compare a high production "Sheet Metal" boat with custom built "Plate Metal" boats. If this was a custom welded Aluminum 28 foot boat for sale then 90K would be a bargain and a deal to jump on. What I'm saying is that for 90K this isn't that great of a deal because it's just another "Tinny". It isn't that there is anything wrong with this rig, I'm sure it rides decent and gets you out and about in a comfortable manner. What I want people to understand is don't think it is the indestructible tank that the high end custom welded aluminum boats are. The robustness of the boat is reflected in the price.

This is just the humble opinion of a guy that loves the water and enjoys building heavy plate aluminum boats.

I just read my last post, I must have been grumpy last night as it sort of came across rude and abrupt. My apologies folks, looks like I need a day out on the water to reset the soul!

You sir (JAC) are correct, the prices are a huge difference, one would almost say double. I guess what I get frustrated with is when people compare a high production "Sheet Metal" boat with custom built "Plate Metal" boats. If this was a custom welded Aluminum 28 foot boat for sale then 90K would be a bargain and a deal to jump on. What I'm saying is that for 90K this isn't that great of a deal because it's just another "Tinny". It isn't that there is anything wrong with this rig, I'm sure it rides decent and gets you out and about in a comfortable manner. What I want people to understand is don't think it is the indestructible tank that the high end custom welded aluminum boats are. The robustness of the boat is reflected in the price.

This is just the humble opinion of a guy that loves the water and enjoys building heavy plate aluminum boats.

Soooo-if I were to win the lottery-what aluminum plate metal boat would I choose?? Not talking out of this world boat-something that a guy that drives a podded 24 ft Skagit Orca with a 300 would be impressed with. Have to sleep 3 guys, and have decent deck space TRAILERABLE-and- and- and BE ABLE TO GO FOR TUNA. I agree with you -not impressed with Kingfisher-saw a North west industry boat that was I think 27 ft
from 10 feet away that looked impressive.what other plate metal boats might fit the bill?

For me if it was a production boat it would be a Stabicraft all the way. For custom boats I really like the Armstrong especially there smaller cats.

North West takes the cake for me every time but second place would go to Diagle(Also Known as EagleCraft). Going down the list from there I would be stepping into an Armstrong (They are known for their cats) or a Glacier Craft (Alaska Built). If you want to go tuna fishing comfortably you are looking on the 28 foot range, likely with diesel power. With all that being said for anyone of those manufacturer's you are looking you are looking at a price that is North of 200K for a new rig, maybe even up near 300K. If you look used, maybe something ten years old you would be down around the 150K mark.

Watch pacific boat brokers website, they broker a lot of higher end aluminum boats.

For me if it was a production boat it would be a Stabicraft all the way. For custom boats I really like the Armstrong especially there smaller cats.
+2 for the armstrong cat. I sure like my maxweld but they're out of production now... I'd be searching for another used one (maxweld or armstrong) if I didn't have the one I have now. it's basically my second wife... hehe.
I'd choose a 15 year old maxweld or armstrong over a new kingfisher of similar size...

Northwest Aluminum, Daigle, Armstrong, etc are amazing awesome beefy aluminum boats. Unless you use your boat for your business and can write it off or you are a millionaire they are way too much $$( but worth it). For recreational anglers/ boaters that don't want to break the bank and boat/ fish less than 30 or 40 days annually the Kingfisher/ Hewes/ Tjet class of boats is more affordable. I love the big NW Aluminums I see in Renny every year guiding, dream boats. I love the Kingfisher/ Hewes/ Tjet pilots as well, I don't need nor can I afford the big beefy industrial strength aluminum boats, my boat is not earning money for me( only costing $ lol). Two totally different classes of boats. I really don't think you can compare. Not apples to apples. So to all you Kingfisher owners out there, beauty rig, love them. Jac those Stabicraft are just too f@#king ugly.....lol

I got into mine for just under 70k U.s.

There is no comparison.. I waited , saved , pondered.. In no way could i afford the same boat in a daigle or north west.. Its what i wanted. But no way could afford.. I settled for my kingfisher. Lol

Back