gradywhite overturned at Entrance island,

jeffywestcoast

guess this is all unfolding in the harbour city right now..
[video]http://www.cheknews.ca/breaking-9-people-overboard-at-entrance-island-rescue-underway/

will be interesting to hear what might have made it overturn.. 9 people rescued form the water.. Grady's are a pretty stable boat...... glad everyone is OK..

Who knows they may have hit something.. Rogue wave beam side and broached? Its beautiful weather on island today low wind..... 9 people on a boat sounds pretty overloaded...Depends on size of boat.. I know it can be fairly dangerous going fast in any boat overloaded especially to one side... Have to know details first but sounds a little weird.

Probley something to do with the fact that they had 9 people aboard dont know how big the grady is but seems like alot of people

Nine people on board is ridiculous for any boat under 35 ft

Nine people on board is ridiculous for any boat under 35 ft

Depends on the hull and model.

A 30 foot Marlin will easily and safely take 8. A 33 Center Console will easily hold 10 with Captain.

Some of the Wakeboard boats on the lake here have insane passenger capacities, even for 20-24 footers. I always wondered why they get higher capacity ratings.
I was going to say the same, my friend has 24' Centurion that has a capacity of 16people and 4500lb of ballast lol

My gulfstream is rated for 10 people,
However I wouldn't want 10 on it there would no no room to move

Transport Canada impounded the boat for their investigation, so we'll know for sure what happened sometime next year ;)

I have an idea whose boat this is and the size of it.....would be interesting to see if I'm right.

I have a hunch these fellas may be from the mainland....and it probably has C number on it and departs from a certain launch in Richmond with another Grady and 2 large Kingfishers......hmmmmm...and when I tried to research these firms they don't exist on the Internet either...

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG...I made that last post..before I saw that updated video clip....and I'm right!!!!!

Watch the fury of Transport Canada be unleashed on the inside lower strait commercial vessels now....:(

So has anything ever been done to stop the kingfishers, I mean KingPoachers, from conducting business and poaching the hell out of female crabs and illegal rockfish?

Makes me sick everyday @ 5pm when the kingfishers pull up at mcdonald park and unload its 10+ passengers all carrying black garbage bags and handfuls of female crabs.

Total crock of ****

yep.

DFO and Transport Canada know all about these guys too. I know someone at DFO who is aware of these guys. They moor somewhere within 10 minutes up River of MacDonald Beach and tend usually show up together. One of the guys who has one of the Gradys..who I have tried to talk to one 2 occasions has been totally dismissive. They cater exclusively to Richmond folks...if you know what I mean and keep an ultra low profile so as to "remain" invisible on the Internet and newspapers...etc.

I quess they won't be invisible any longer. Maybe some amateur video of their activities put on You tube would shine more light on these knobs!

One things for sure , those people would have been waiting a hell of a lot longer for an automated lighthouse to jump in a boat n save them.. Props to the lighthouse keeper for saving them and proving how important it is to have manned lighthouses on our coast.. if he wasn't there it is a good chance some of those people wouldn't be breathing today.

yep.

DFO and Transport Canada know all about these guys too. I know someone at DFO who is aware of these guys. They moor somewhere within 10 minutes up River of MacDonald Beach and tend usually show up together. One of the guys who has one of the Gradys..who I have tried to talk to one 2 occasions has been totally dismissive. They cater exclusively to Richmond folks...if you know what I mean and keep an ultra low profile so as to "remain" invisible on the Internet and newspapers...etc.

So do you know what size/model of Grady White this was? I'm curious about how this boat capsized. Everybody jumped to one side to see their undersize chinook?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back