Grady White with accessories!

Saltwater Cowboy

I've just bought a 2004 Grady white 209 escape CC. I've loaded it with a Furuno 1650W GPS/Chartplotter/Fish Finder and all the other electronics. I've also added 2 new Scotty Electric downriggers 60" and i'm curious as to wether or not it's worth it to add the Black Box? I've also never fished the Sooke area before as I usually fish the Comox Valley/Campbell River and Nootka Sound. But I will be in Victoria for work during December and January and would love to break in the new boat with some nice winter chinook and maybe some Halibut as well. Anyone have any good advice as for where to fish or what they bite on out there?

Don't purchase your black box just yet...check your voltage first, as you may not need it...Scotty has a web site to instruct how to diagnose....
MPO...black box's cure a problem, but if you don't have one in the first place, why spend the money.

boc

thanks for the info i will have the boat tested first!

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Saltwater you should have a blackbox on your boat when tested your boat should be .75to.85 if not add more zinc then you use your box to turnyour riggers down.I get Malcom Russel the inventor of the black box to check my boat every year.Give him a call.

There's One!!!!!!!!!

Check your voltage first there are so many ways to lower voltage on a boat it wont even cost you more than a case of beer LOL make sure your wiring is sound thats the first step.
Good luck Wolf

Yeah FINS I know who your talking about! There's a guy in Campbell River that has a small whaler named Saltwater Cowboy! I was just looking for a name for this site and that was the first thing that hit me! Forgot about him oh well I guess he doesn;t use this site anyway or he would already have the name!

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Mama, good to see your still takin oxygen on the site.. Man your guy's little west side gem sure gave dirty his monie's worth this season... Largest 24.2 lbs of solid fist nosed steel a couple of weeks back..
Finally bumped into the slabslayer yesterday up at the circus.. Were all bitin at that bit of early chrome that hits those few precious streams late in Nov.. Got your email change.. I will definately put a little time away to ensure that we finally get to gether for a drift. Till then, get a couple of your infamous threads up and going and give us guy's that still stick around hear some good banter to chat over.<")))><-dirty

Back