grady white pilot house project

Yeah I can't wait till this project is done. We copied the dimensions for ours from a 1994 seafarer. It would be super awsome to pull a mould off a factory pulpit.

Non-skid is on, unfreaking real to see it sprayed on though a gun. Color is AWLgrip moon dust and a mixture of fine and course griptex beads. There were a few bleed thoughs under the fine line tape but they should pop off of the paint leaving a super clean edge. Assembly starts on saturday!

20130515_212908.jpg20130515_213021.jpg20130515_213704.jpg20130515_213841.jpg

It's so purdy you will be afraid to get blood on her decks :p.

Looks awesome. Can't wait for the next installment........

next steps this weekend are

rub rail

railing

and install pilot house!

sadly the windows will not be here untill the 19th of june but there will be lots to do untill then.

We also need to figure out a good way to steer our kicker. We have a spare teleflex ram and are thining about running it with a telflex t valve so it can be steered off the main helm. The only hitch I can see with this is that our verado has the mercury ram and the displacment is proably different than the teleflex.

Sculpin, we are trying to locate a bottle big enough to fit the boat in and preserve it forever mwahahahahha. Let the blood hit the decks!!!!!

What are you doing for railings?. It would be cool to put some taller ones on for casting off the bow. I really like the rails on the Davis's (now Davidson boats).

hmmmm.............not enough to buy a boat of the same caliber with.

for the hard and pulpit materials we are roughly @ $2300
custom windows @ $1919

Paint and supplies @ $1200
storage @ $1000

fasteners @$455
other misc equipment @$1000

2010 verado @ 600Hrs with brand new controls 1 @10000

total =$16874

I am geussing with the new new yamaha we bought last year we are around 32-33K

Boat has had every fastener replaced, new rub rail, pod off sand blasted and powder coated
all new electricl system incusing radar, gps and sounders.

The big kicker is the 2500+ hrs into this thing between my brother and I, would we do it again?........................hell no......but it has been a cool trip.

and it will be all worth while first trip out, you guys will be so stoked there will be no greater feeling.
and the satisfaction of doing it yourself your way......................................Priceless!!!

hmmmm.............not enough to buy a boat of the same caliber with.

for the hard and pulpit materials we are roughly @ $2300
custom windows @ $1919

Paint and supplies @ $1200
storage @ $1000

fasteners @$455
other misc equipment @$1000

2010 verado @ 600Hrs with brand new controls 1 @10000

total =$16874

I am geussing with the new new yamaha we bought last year we are around 32-33K

Boat has had every fastener replaced, new rub rail, pod off sand blasted and powder coated
all new electricl system incusing radar, gps and sounders.

The big kicker is the 2500+ hrs into this thing between my brother and I, would we do it again?........................hell no......but it has been a cool trip.

My bro and I are super stoked to have this unit back in the water. I know the older gradys don't ride as well as the seaV2 hull but I love the looks. It has been nice to be able to cut and change the boat without worry. Many a conversation has gone this way...."do you like where this is?........nope.......do we need it?......nope..............sawzall.....hehehe." It amazing how much glass work you can get your self into with a small amount of cutting.

some of the major mods we have made to the boat are as follows:

1. rebuilt the entire front coming as the super awsome grady white lifting eye leaked and allowed the plywood core to turn to mush. At this point we decided to make a proper sealed anchor well that drains to the ocean and not the bildge.

2. filled in the front grady hatch and windows.

3. got rid of the rear bait well and turned it into a big bench seat.

4. the list goes on.....

So how about we skip all the work and go right to the good stuff! dropped the boat in the water this am in squamish for a quick run back to horseshoe bay. All we are waiting on now is the windows, kicker bracket and pulpit for the front. Boat handled great and with the new power we were able to squeeze 43 mph from her, much better than the 35mph with the 200 2 stroke. Also included some pics of our kicker bracked/ swim grid extension which is out for powder coating right now.
20130523_070728.jpg
20130523_081312.jpg
20130523_082620.jpg
20130520_194323.jpg
20130520_194331.jpg

Daaaamn that thing looks like tons of fun!

Thanks for the great thread Mike. Good luck on future sailings!

Back