Grady white For Sale!

Saltwater Cowboy

2004 Grady White 20'9" Center Console, with t-top. 2004 225hp Yamaha motor with warranty till 2010. 50hrs on boat and motor. 2004 McClain tandem axle aluminum I beam bunk trailer. Lowrance colour GPS/Fishfinder, VHF Radio, hydraulic tilt steering, trim tabs with indicators, swim platform with ladder. Live well, large insulated fish boxes and dual batteries. Ultimate boat for all VI waters and fast and fuel efficient to boot! Top speed inthe high 40mph's and at cruise only burns approx 5 gallons per hour. Price drastically reduced to ensure quick sale.

$64,900 obo

For all who say that this boat is to much because of what you can buy it for in the states I say go give it a try. This boat with these options and in this condition with these hours and warranty etc.. range from $40,000 to $50,000 US. Take a $45,000 boat add the conversion to CDN funds $50,850 add GST and PST = $57,969. Then add shipping which most of these boats are on the East coast so a minimum of $3000 if your a miracle worker closer to $5000 US so $5650 Cdn and then add the RIV fee for the trailer $200 and then add hassle, are you going to fly back east to look at the boat and then what if it arrives in different condition ie: missing electronics, damaged etc... That's worth $$$ so if you add it all up your looking at a minimun of around $63,819 now I think I've made my point. For this year boat and this condition etc.... Just had to add this because of all the sceptics who bash this and suggest the states instead of this boat. There are deals to be had but it's somewhat risky, it's very time consuming, at the border a pain in the butt, and it's hard to find a good deal on the west coast. I know cause I did it with my other boats. This is a great price just go look at Capstan marine a new one will cost you close to $100,000 out the door and this boat has 50hrs on it, with a better motor warranty!

Thanks SWC

I will gladly trade you my 185lx 2000 bayliner capri bowrider with trailer and a 4.3 merc I/O 300 hrs

and I'll throw in $5000 cash too

Dreamer, I'm nothing but a dreamer oh no!

Dear Sir.

If that's the value you believe your Grady to be worth. So be it. I am sure we all wish you luck in your sale.

However, Capstan Marine has a BAD reputation among many new boat buyers locally here. I have 2 friends who have purchased their Gradys in the fashion you so vehemently discourage. They saved tens of thousands, and literally, they up and walked out from Capstan Marine.

Would seem to me that Capstan thinks the exchange rate is still 30 to 40% percent higher than it is.

There's a guy that has 2 Gradys for sale locally, www.grady25.com, and I personally, as have other people have commented, that he's off his rocker.

Wishing you the best in your sale, however, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

I'd encourage all individuals interested in purchasing a Grady, to look to the eastern seaboard, and reconsider purchasing your boat off an existing buyer locally.

With an exchange rate of less than 10%, and a trucking fee/railcar fee of less than $5000, and brokerage fees for a 30 footer that I'm considering on purchasing, it's very hard to even think about a boat of this size for sale locally.

wow Fishing magician you sure helped out SWC. If you dont think the price is right maybe you just should just keep it to yourself instead of ruining his post

I merely presented the flip side of the coin.

As for ruining his post, really? I just posted the different perspective based on my observations and 2 other Grady owners perspectives.

Kelly...do you own a boat? Much less have tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in such equipment? Can you say that you've never asked yourself the hard questions of this subject?

Most individuals out there toss figures around in their head for months if not years before embarking on such an investment in their leisure. I know I have, as have LOTS of people. It's always a subject that a lot of people ponder over.

Actually, I believe SWC's commentary was based on several past posts and threads where everyone was throwing ideas and opinions around on such a topic.

I see that Grady25 sold...wow!!!

For the record, I can comment on the subject. I went to see a boat for sale in Oregon....and I made a standing offer...a 2005 30 Marlin with twin 275 Merc Verados a 25 horse kicker....a 48 mile radar...etc..Capstan would want $275000, priced conservatively. If the seller accepts? I pocket tens of thousands.

I may just be the proud new owner of one if things go my way.

I've been in to Capstan---I've called Capstan on this issue...and you know what they told me? "I've got to eat, and making money isn't against the law" Of course I agreed. I walked. My friend that have Grady's? They walked too.

At any rate, even for the modest and well off with bankrolls large enough to fork out the dollars...we're STILL money conscious. At least that's me.

Fishin Magician, While I can appreciate that everyone has their own view I also know that this is a post of a guy selling a grady white and you suggesting to all people looking for a Grady to go look on the eastern seaboard. I don't particularily like the way in wich you kidnapped my post as I already made a point of addressing all the issues that you mentioned. The exchange rate on the live markets as I write is 10.5% and the bank then makes money on top of that when you purchase US dollars so probably closer to 13% like I said. My numbers aren't pie in the sky and I'm not discouraging buying in the states I've done it myself. I'm just saying there is something to be said for not having to deal with customs, shipping, warranties, damage, having to travel to see the boat, all the little things. That I hated! As for Capstan Marine I don't know a thing about them except that they are the only Grady Dealers so don't lump me in with them. I just asked them what it would cost me for this boat and they said $100,000 after tax. I bought my other 209 Grady brand new in California and it was $69,000 US after all was said and done factor in shiping, GST/PST etc.. and exchange and we're getting very close. Bottom line is this is a great boat for sale at a very good price and if your not interested that's fine but don;t try to ruin a thread from a guy trying to make a sale, this isn't a price gouge at all!

SWC

Sorry if you feel that way.

I've done considerable homework on the subject and I tend to disagree with your numbers somewhat SWC. Currency brokers will work for less, likewise transport, and customs charges, GST are available for more than reasonable rates etc...I've done my homework too.

As for ruining your post..that wasn't the intent.

However, I stand by my opinion and knowledge that you can purchase these boats for less on the eastern seaboard, and have them shipped plus other incidental expenses, and save more than "pocket change" by the time the boat is on your doorstep.

SWC nice boat.A salmon fishermans dream.Unfortunately for me ,only a dream.
FM I don't know what to say to you.You sure seem to like to stir the pot.Why not just let it be.If he's priced too high he will find out.I'm sure any interested parties will check it out before buying something of that price.Myself,I prefer to keep my money local.
You don't have to be everyones watchdog.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician
As for ruining your post..that wasn't the intent.

Uhhhmmm... Yeah Right

IF this is the way you come off Unintentionally, I'd hate to see what you're capable of WITH intent! Never seen such a directed hijack in a bloody long time. IF SWC's pricing is high, the market would soon let him know that. Seems to me that FM is quite content here to be peein' in someone else's cornflakes...

Won't be invited out on MY rig ANYTIME soon, that's for certain!

Good Luck with the sale SWC! I've seen that rig, and She certainly is a SWEETIE!

Nog

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin
Won't be invited out on MY rig ANYTIME soon, that's for certain!
Well Bully!
Talk about trying to hijack a post with ***** little comments!
Since this isn't any Buy/Sell Board I think informed comment as per FM's posts on the sale is 100% relevant/On Topic.

How is ruining a post on topic? There is no Buy/sell thread this is the closest to it. It wasnt FM business he could have PM SWC if he had a problem.

i think it was not quite cricket but anyway
good luck SWC

Final note people there are asking prices and selling prices SWC can accept a lower price offered if he chooses - even mine it still stands LOL

Good luck SWC

quote:Originally posted by Dogbreath
I think...

Opinions are like Eh-H's, we all got 'em, and they stink [xx(]

You're entitled to yours, and I mine. Nothing "Bully" about it [:X]

What this fellow did was wrong. Period. Want to bring up the salient points, start another thread, don't come down on another Member unless you expect a response. Simple eh? :D

Cheers,
Nog

Quick check of US market price for 2004 Grady 209 Escapes with same power, total time, and options shows this boat to within market price.

Good luck with sale. If you want me to post on my home forums (ifish.net and a private board for oregon hardcore anglers), let me know. Someone south of the boarder will take interest in your offering as there are damn few used Gradys with in 3000miles of the west coast of either country

Comes around - goes around:
I have never been a big fan of anyone who sees fit to dump on a man in public forum for the price he decides to market his boat or anything else for that matter.

It is disrespectful and in poor taste. You no like the price, keep it to yourself lest your desire the same treatment of your classifieds.

If the ethics aurgument fails to sway you chew on this....It is no different then if we walked into your work and started critquing your value to your boss or better yet, your girl friend or wife. "Listen miss girl friend, I know your guy is nice and all but I know where you can find another guy who is better looking, will treat you better, will be a much better lover, and will spend more time and money on you"...

Show some respect and others will return the favor.

I assume the purpose of this forum is for sharing of relevant information pertaining to each unique thread.
I also assume the moderator would remove any untasteful posts from this forum.
Therefore, regards to the the posts on this particular thread, I've read many opinions and thoughts being shared regarding the Grady.
I would say when it starts to get personal, that is where the line should be drawn in the sand!
PinchMe

Hey 5 Salt! Thanks for the post! Appreciate any and all advertising as this boat has to go! Can only afford one boat and this boat belongs on the water catching fish! Great boat at a great price!

SWC

Back