Grady 232 Repoding

what is happening with your old 300? hours?year?

My boat is only rated for 400hp max... I think this 350 should do everything im looking for.. Now if someone want to put a 425 on and i dont have to pay for it :) :)

Wonder if you go to a full floated pod with a single 300 if you will want to go with a 30" leg as I'm pretty sure you will need to set the motor lower than than it is with the current pod by a few inches? Twin's is no problem with 25" as they are out to the side. Most hulls that I have seen with the euro transom which is full floater style run a 30" in the center or twin 25" legs. The 232 with the 25" set on a factory pod already sits the power head to low IMO. I think the perfect fit would be full floated and a 30" leg, your tilt rams would be out of the water as well as you leg trimmed up.

I have always found the the 300 is just a tad under powered for the 232..have to run on the high side of the rmp for the hole jump and the hull likes cruising 27 to 29mph... I'm thinking this 350 with new pod should be the ticket and will burn less fuel.. Right now its burn is 47 to 55 ltres a hr depend on load.. thinking it will be around 43 ish .. I'm looking forward to giver a try :)

I have always found the the 300 is just a tad under powered for the 232..have to run on the high side of the rmp for the hole jump and the hull likes cruising 27 to 29mph... I'm thinking this 350 with new pod should be the ticket and will burn less fuel.. Right now its burn is 47 to 55 ltres a hr depend on load.. thinking it will be around 43 ish .. I'm looking forward to giver a try :)
Agreed, the 300 seems just barely adequate can't image one with a 225. My dad had a 2003 Gulfstream with twin 150's and it was much stronger than the one 300 I had on my 2000 232 hull. Economy wise being beamy and deep riding I didn't find the hull very efficient that's the only thing I wasn't a fan of needs close to max rated HP. Aside from that it's a great fishing platform, well built and the self draining boxes etc makes for an all star 23 ft fishing package.

Last edited:
30" shaft suzuki?
Full flotation pod?
Should probably spring for a jack plate if you can make that work....
It was asking a lot out of the 300 to push that rig.

I believe it will be a 30 in and full floation pod.. didnt think about the jack plate.. You had good results using one I believe? Always appericate your input... :)

the jack plate was nice for changing motor height to accommodate ocean conditions. I think it was worth the $$ but its probably a 2K adder to what I am sure is a big bill.

Had to grab some stuff off the boat today & grab the old pod and kicker extension...Got figure out what it worth to sell used as both as still very usable . A different look to the back end right now & I should have the new pod on for me to grab next weekend :)20201126_145436_resized (1).jpg :

Had to grab some stuff off the boat today & grab the old pod and kicker extension...Got figure out what it worth to sell used as both as still very usable . A different look to the back end right now & I should have the new pod on for me to grab next weekend :)View attachment 58994 :
Looks like you need to get to work cleaning that up, lol

Very sharp, one of the nicest looking and solid looking pods I’ve seen on the site so far. Looks like it’s a lifer that one. Like how it’s spread out over the full width of the transom and not just stuck in the middle. Lots of stress in one spot on a pod like that, this one is well designed.

Back