GPS failing

Blackmax

I have the cheap $500.00 Eagle GPS Sounder combo from 7 years ago and for the first time this morning it faultered, went in and out and the screen flashed that the card was not compatible. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

I have had the flashing depth but not the card incompatible on my vintage Lowrance , GPS didn't function. Cleaned all connectors (dusty), light touch of dielectric grease and that resolved it for several months. Flashing again yesterday pulling away from the launch but the GPs kept working this time. Flashing depth stopped in a couple of minutes. Good luck.

From what Lowrance rep at HC told me........try turning off your "AutoSensitivity" and set it to manual.......87% to 90%. When it's on "Auto Sensitivity" by default it sends out too many pings in crappy water and over-reads every little thing resulting in flash or bogus readings..... Just an added suggestion.....

From what Lowrance rep at HC told me........try turning off your "AutoSensitivity" and set it to manual.......87% to 90%. When it's on "Auto Sensitivity" by default it sends out too many pings in crappy water and over-reads every little thing resulting in flash or bogus readings..... Just an added suggestion.....
Good advice,Seafever.Have trouble with flashing depth at times,so I'll give that a try!

Back