Gopro for kids and fishing

kaelc

Fired up our old GoPro Hero 3 last night and shot this loud (turn the sound down) video of us running in from crabbing.

The quality was ok, but I'm thinking settings are a little messed up or I need a newer GoPro or equivalent with better video and image stabilization? @Wooly what do you recommend, love your videos.

I figure the new gopros with a screen in a case are a better choice for my 3 year old son to snap pictures with rather than my old canon. Which surprisingly has kept working with a year of toddler use!

Alternatively should I just get a newer iPhone with the better lenses and a floating waterproof case?

GoPro’s are nice because they are lightweight, and have tons of accessories and mounting options. Body mount, dash mount, head mount, Clip on to a rail etc...
Also the newer ones have voice activation to start and stop recording.
I have a 6 black snd im sure I will dust it off and use it one of these years!

Fired up our old GoPro Hero 3 last night and shot this loud (turn the sound down) video of us running in from crabbing.

The quality was ok, but I'm thinking settings are a little messed up or I need a newer GoPro or equivalent with better video and image stabilization? @Wooly what do you recommend, love your videos.

I figure the new gopros with a screen in a case are a better choice for my 3 year old son to snap pictures with rather than my old canon. Which surprisingly has kept working with a year of toddler use!

Alternatively should I just get a newer iPhone with the better lenses and a floating waterproof case?
Hey buddy, video looks fine. Just the lighting is preventing you from getting a better image. Looks beautiful, I wish I could do that in November.

Yes the newer go pros will help a bit but I love my hero 3s. If your looking at doing some close up videos on the boat you can try out any of those hand held gimbals. They will make a huge difference in your video quality. DJI makes some pretty good ones. And yes you can buy them for the phone and just get a water proof case. That’s my next filming purchase.

Back