Gold River First Nations say Nootka sound off limits for the next 2 years for?

That will go down well I bet. Class 101 on how to **** off the neighbours. Maybe the non natives will be forced to consider making the roads and bridges in and out of Gold River off limits to the local band members. I mean you might as well both be pissed off at each other for a reason.

Gold River Campground, this weekend. Fish Saturday then shoot shyt up all day Sunday. Who's coming?

But if they decide to set up a blockade on the road from Gold River to the boat launch in July and stop anyone towing a boat, they could really create a cluster. Lets hope this is just a sick joke.

This could get really interesting? :)

Let me give some,
something to think about… “The Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation is currently negotiating a treaty within the Nuu-Chah-Nulth Tribal Council. They are one of the six groups that didn’t accept the original agreement in principle set forth by the Tribal Council and have continued to negotiate a new AIP along with the six remaining groups.”

Article says trespassers will be reported to DFO.
how is that going to stop anything unless DFO bow to
them and close the sound ?:confused:

If memory serves, do they not own/manage the boat launch. I carefully left out maintain.

Just read this online this morning..... Hahahahaha

Guess the boat ramp in Gold River will have to be closed. Going to have to start making new plans for fishing trips for this coming year. Might as well start cancelling reservations and booking else where.... Ya Right.... :)

The scary part I see is that our Provincial government has such a hardon to get the pipelines approved for oil and gas that they would throw all BC residents under the bus in order to accomplish their goal. The Haida are on the same path at the moment having back room meetings with the province on use of the land and water in and around QCI.

That declaration is naive and nothing but legal bogus. But it clearly shows their intentions. I'd say buyers and investors beware - bad neighbours!

That declaration is naive and nothing but legal bogus. But it clearly shows their intentions. I'd say buyers and investors beware - bad neighbours!

Maybe that's why Rogers is for sale.

Back