Gold River boat launch

I think we should respect the wishes of the local FN who run it. Perhaps for those who use the ramp frequently, reaching out to engage FN's to understand their concerns and work with them to find a plan to address those concerns would be a great start.
I emailed a number of them in administration and got no response. I called almost every number on the phone list from their website and all of them said number not in service.

I emailed a number of them in administration and got no response. I called almost every number on the phone list from their website and all of them said number not in service.
They are a law unto themselves!!! Hard to believe that ramp was put in by the Gold River fish and game and used to be free! Whining won't help so the only choices you have are cougar creek, TuTa marine, Neasok dump , Moutcha bay, Tahsis and zeballos. Not all are great choices-depending on your boat but doable-I have launched at all over the years and because of covid and difficulty of launch --could be an epic year in Nootka!! Be a Man and go to Winter Harbour--- check the weather first!! LOL

I think we should respect the wishes of the local FN who run it. Perhaps for those who use the ramp frequently, reaching out to engage FN's to understand their concerns and work with them to find a plan to address those concerns would be a great start.

Show them the $$$$$ and launch would be open

Yup.. thats not the $$$ they are looking for, think big gov. $$$ :rolleyes:
sad the old mill site is there with a beautiful ramp that could be used.
This isn't about covid, only the excuse
I think you are right! Wonder who owns the mill-perhaps some kind of management deal could be considered?? Man that would be stopped pretty quick- methinks!!

Yup.. thats not the $$$ they are looking for, think big gov. $$$ :rolleyes:
sad the old mill site is there with a beautiful ramp that could be used.
This isn't about covid, only the excuse
Having chatted with a friend who is a leader within one of the 14 Nations, it is totally about protecting their communities, and the more we can do to better understand their concerns the easier it will be to find win/win solutions. Important that we listen more, speak less in this situation IMO.

The owners of the old mill site will not do anything to antagonize or disrespect their neighbours.
Please keep them out of this.

Wasn't earlier today, Why would it be blocked?
Why would ANY ramp be closed?
Its being used and parking on the street.
With BC Gov soon to start advertising, asking BC residents to start playing tourist in our own province.. this is getting old

I understand multiple American vehicles - with empty trailers - were parked at the GR ramp in the last few days and had all tires slit. Very unfortunate it happened and not right but serious flaunting of a very important travel ban.

Talk about shooting themselves in the foot, now those vehicles can't leave until owners get new tires...... :confused:

Apparent loophole of individuals catching a ferry to the island, saying they are planning to catch the ferry in Hardy to the Central Coast and carry on to Alaska.

BC Ferries should charge them the Central Coast fare (big $ with a trailer) once Americans catch the sailing to Swartz Bay or Duke Point.

I would think it would be up to the Canadian border agency to put some sort of conditions on their entry.

Should they expect anything else?
These are small communities and should be respected.

The last thing we need is our launches shutdown because non Canadian's arent following rules.

I'm surprised it was just the tires!

Last edited:
Back