Gold River boat launch

They live in CR, they just went for it. I haven’t heard that they are back so they must have launched. They’re coming back out on Sunday. I’ll keep you posted.

They live in CR, they just went for it. I haven’t heard that they are back so they must have launched. They’re coming back out on Sunday. I’ll keep you posted.

I’ve also heard similar stories of people just launching and parking on road. Still hoping for opening as trip planned for July 7th.

Wish FN would make a decision, I wish to pay them for parking in their lot , doubt if there is enough road parking for all the trucks at end of July.
Been going to critter cove for almost 20 years and like to park inside , doubtful I’ve I’ve been closer than 50’ to another person all the times there , except when paying ,
Heck I’ll hand the money over with a stick

Does anyone know what parking is like around the end of June first weekend of July usually like? Going to Moutcha and don't want to drag the boat there if I cannot park

Does anyone know what parking is like around the end of June first weekend of July usually like? Going to Moutcha and don't want to drag the boat there if I cannot park
If you are talking about launching at Moutcha they have a large parking area at the top of the hill. It’s a long walk from launch.

Assuming you're talking about the GR launch. Depends if you're inside the gates or out on the road. Normally there is adequate space in both places. Thats the start of the season and things ramp up from there. However, with the launch being closed right now, who knows what July is going to look like. With the US border closed, I'm going to go out on a limb and say things will be quieter than normal in Nootka even if the launch opens as you normally see a lot of WA plates in that parking lot....

Last edited:
I was thinking about parking at Gold River along the road if the FN had not opened up their parking lot. I have a Grady and don't really want to tow it to Moutcha Bay. I have never launched out of Gold River and not sure how much parking is there

I was thinking about parking at Gold River along the road if the FN had not opened up their parking lot. I have a Grady and don't really want to tow it to Moutcha Bay. I have never launched out of Gold River and not sure how much parking is there
There is a lot of parking on the road and in 25 years of parking I have always found a spot. You may have to walk a bit if it's busy! Never had a problem with theft either.

I can appreciate we are all disappointed that the Gold River Ramp is under restricted access by its owners MMFN. But ignoring the restriction and wishes of the owners, is similar to ignoring a no trespassing sign that you might choose to place on your property. For that reason, I will wait and hope that the virus conditions improve and that the restriction will be lifted soon.

Ramp being closed, people are going to try to haul their boats through narrow and certain sections of dangerous spots. That could potentially put people in danger. I'm not sure how that will play out. After 3 months, people have learned how to deal with physical distancing, and with some regulations in place and some additional fees to offset the overhead, that should not be any issue or concern. Opening the ramp is the most logical way.

I think we should respect the wishes of the local FN who run it. Perhaps for those who use the ramp frequently, reaching out to engage FN's to understand their concerns and work with them to find a plan to address those concerns would be a great start.

Reactions: GGF
I think we should respect the wishes of the local FN who run it. Perhaps for those who use the ramp frequently, reaching out to engage FN's to understand their concerns and work with them to find a plan to address those concerns would be a great start.

We had reservations at Moutcha Bay in July. They shared their GM had been in contact with the FN administrators and there wasn't any interest in opening the ramp, at least as of a few weeks ago.

Back