Global Cooling Coming Soon?.....

Seafever

Just read a Daily Mail article (that contains pictures) that shows the Antarctic Icecap has grown by SIXTY PERCENT in 2013 ALONE

The Arctic IceCap has also grown.

Wish I knew how to post links....

After years of scare tactics scientists are now (*cough*) predicting an age of Global Cooling.............according to the article.......

It is available in Google News.......

sweet . no more f'n mackeral parties

dint catch any this year. was nice to see what seemed to be cooler cleaner water.....

Just read a Daily Mail article (that contains pictures) that shows the Antarctic Icecap has grown by SIXTY PERCENT in 2013 ALONE

The Arctic IceCap has also grown.

Wish I knew how to post links....

After years of scare tactics scientists are now (*cough*) predicting an age of Global Cooling.............according to the article.......

It is available in Google News.......

Here is the link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...caps-grows-60-global-warming-predictions.html

Now the question is.... is this where you get your science facts from....
I sure hope not as they don't print truth.... only stories to sell newspapers.

I have a hard time getting actual scientific fact about anything from anywhere......

For instance...a couple of days ago there was another blurb released (not by the Daily Mail) which allowed as to how scientists now think that the Universe is NOT expanding..........although they have been telling us for decades it is (don't ever dare argue with science...)......On the NASA website you could go on there anytime and read how the outer edges of space were unabled to be photographed by Hubbell because it was actually expanding faster than the speed of light....

The NASA pictures in the Daily Mail article look pretty convincing (unless they were photoshopped)....

Regardless of "sensationalism", which many tabloids use to sell copy........and I confess I did not know the Daily Mail was a sensationalist tabloid".......they are using NASA photographs as "fact".

If those photos are not correct...they could be sued by NASA.

So I think there's some element to be considered in what the D.M. is writing.......

Although I noticed in the D.M. blog responses someone pointed out that overall, going by past 5 or 6 years , the recovery is not quite as dramatic as it seems.....but it is, actually at record levels.

Daily Mail is not the only one to observe expanding Antarctic Sea Ice.......

If you Google "Expanding Antarctic Sea Ice"....you will see that it is really occurring,no question.....

The cause of it though is being argued....as usual.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time getting actual scientific fact about anything from anywhere......

Yup lot's of crap out there trying to pass as science....
Here is a link that has some good science reporting.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/

As for faster than light..... never heard that one.....
The universe is expanding and the latest research is indicating that it is speeding up.
They are still scratching their heads but the thinking is something to do with dark matter or dark energy.
If this stuff interest you check out the multiverse theory..... now that will make you think.

Trust me global warming is real and we should not leave this problem to our kids.

The NASA pictures in the Daily Mail article look pretty convincing (unless they were photoshopped)....

Regardless of "sensationalism", which many tabloids use to sell copy........and I confess I did not know the Daily Mail was a sensationalist tabloid".......they are using NASA photographs as "fact".

If those photos are not correct...they could be sued by NASA.

So I think there's some element to be considered in what the D.M. is writing.......

Although I noticed in the D.M. blog responses someone pointed out that overall, going by past 5 or 6 years , the recovery is not quite as dramatic as it seems.....but it is, actually at record levels.

Daily Mail is not the only one to observe expanding Antarctic Sea Ice.......

If you Google "Expanding Antarctic Sea Ice"....you will see that it is really occurring,no question.....

The cause of it though is being argued....as usual.......

Here is a source for Arctic sea ice that I have looked at over the last few years.
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
As you can see this years sea ice is larger then the record low from 2012 but still smaller the average.
Check out the graphs and see for yourself.
One year does not make a trend but look at the last 10 years and you can see a trend and it's not good.
Will we have a summer ice free Arctic? Yes..... but the question is when and I predict that you and I will see that day. Something that has not happened in a million years.....

And the maddening thing is global warming deniers will seize on this as proof that it is not happening! Newspapers will print anything to sell papers and maintain controversy.

Meanwhile Arctic Ice is shrinking - last year was a record low and the fact that this year is not does not alter the trend in the slightest.
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

The Greenland Ice cap is melting fast and many of the fiords and inlets there have less ice than historical records. Greenland experienced record temps this year!!
http://nsidc.org/greenland-today/

Glaciers all over the world are receding fast. The fact that one or two may not be is due to local conditions and has no bearing on the overall climate change direction.

The fact that Antarctic Ice is bigger this year is a blip. It is like saying because one part of N. America gets a cold winter, climate global warming is not happening.
The entire Ross ice shelf collapsed a few years ago, but some people seem to have forgotten this.!!

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/07/26/antarctic-ice-shelf-collapse-worse-than-we-thought/

Some people are so blind to what is happening they will not believe the masses of evidence for global warming until the water is lapping at their doorstep.

The earth has gone through cycles many times. The only difference is the mankind has altered the schedule.

The earth has gone through cycles many times. The only difference is the mankind has altered the schedule.

True but that is one hell of a difference!

1) It is happening on a much faster schedule - decades rather than 1000's of years (as shown by ice core data and lake bed sediment deposits (limnology))
2) Civilisation - in the form of massive coastal cities and vast populations living in coastal areas were not around last time. Our hunter gatherer ancestors could pick up and move during the advance and retreat of Ice Ages. Can't do that with New YorK, London, or Vancouver!!

But this is "progress" you're talking about...........

You don't want to stand in the way of progress do you???

Since then nature has been unsuccessfully trying to control population but mankind is continously thwarting any attempt. We need to learn how to live with nature but instead we combat her. Sooner or later nature will win unless we learn how to live with it.
May sound like a lot of crock, but I have found even doing my job this can be applied.

True but that is one hell of a difference!

1) It is happening on a much faster schedule - decades rather than 1000's of years (as shown by ice core data and lake bed sediment deposits (limnology))
2) Civilisation - in the form of massive coastal cities and vast populations living in coastal areas were not around last time. Our hunter gatherer ancestors could pick up and move during the advance and retreat of Ice Ages. Can't do that with New YorK, London, or Vancouver!!

I do not believe that we are in charge, wherein lies the problem.

you have heard about the '350' rule right?? once 'we' allow that to happen, you are correct, it will spin out of control with no way out. not much longer until 'we' let this happen. fossil fuels are THE major contributor to all of this and without a strategy to reduce their production and use, the planet is doomed.

Put down the Al Gore crap. Reelfast A few majot volcanos errupt and we are in a cooling spell - are we in charge of volcanos too?

Put down the Al Gore crap. Reelfast A few majot volcanos errupt and we are in a cooling spell - are we in charge of volcanos too?

So we should put you in the "No such thing as man made global warming" group there CIVANO or are you saying we should learn to "control volcanoes" to mitigate the man made global warming...

A few decades ago the same scientists were telling us that there was a little ice age coming and there was nothing we could do about it. 12 years of mathmatically no increase in global warming and counting. I am skeptical of gore or experts who profit from predictions. I do firmly believe however in climate change. Back to fishing!

Since then nature has been unsuccessfully trying to control population but mankind is continously thwarting any attempt. We need to learn how to live with nature but instead we combat her. Sooner or later nature will win unless we learn how to live with it.
May sound like a lot of crock, but I have found even doing my job this can be applied.

I know exactly what you mean Gunsmith and that is indeed what we have to do.

Farms with multiple crops instead of monocultures, alternate energy strategies (directly or indirectly derived from the sun), selective logging, product life-cycle management (to get as close to zero waste as possible), aquatic habitat protection and restoration etc. etc.
Won't be easy, or cheap, but then the course we are on is going to be mighty expensive too!

yes, the earth is flat and no one actually landed on the moon................get real sir, climate change is going on right now. what you need to do is put down your flat earth credentials and look at TRENDS. sort of like fishing, some years plenty of fish others not so much. does that mean there are no fish??? hopefully I didn't aim too high with that analogy.

Back