Glass work

profisher

I have probably the only 12 foot Gordon's Beach special boat left around. It is in good shape but needs a new glass skin on the bottom. Looking for someone who is capable of doing this from their home. This boat came from a set of plans that Jimmy Fleet acquired back in the early 60's. He built 3 for himself then lent the frames out to others to build their own. Back in the day there were many of these around Otter Point. This goes back to the putters license days. Jimmy sold this one to me when I called him to see if he still had the plans laying around. He didn't...but then said he still had the 3rd one under his sundeck..never used..just like new...maybe time to part with it. Best $200.00 I ever spent. I want to preserve it as it reminds me of my youth. When I turned 13 I bought one of the these boat from Sease Hunter who had a cabin next to ours on Gordon's Beach. If any of you Otter Point guys notice Ken Campbell fishing from the 14 foot mirror craft....the guy with the big beard..siting in the middle seat facing the stern with a pole on the motors tiller....he is the only guy left still fishing that old school way. We all fished that way back when and I remember him from those days long ago. Gotta respect someone who just goes out with simple equipment and is successful.

Back