Gibbs "Skinny G" spoon...

Seafever

Gibbs "Skinny G" trolling spoon.....
Saw them on Gibbs Facebook page..

Anybody tried them yet?

Was wondering the same thing, gibbsdelta say people are slayin them on the island with them... Who has stock over here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a bunch of guides trying them. And there working for them. Outfitters in vic just got 3 colours in. I tried an irish creme 1 out for a bit. Then went back to bait. They look good though.

From the left, Outfitter, No Bananas, and Trap Shack

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Anybody tried them yet?

From the left, Outfitter, No Bananas, and Trap Shack

Anybody tried them yet?

skinny g.jpgHopefully this works, new to the tapatalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the sudden (it seems) people are creating spoons to imitate needlefish! I'm thinking of the Nog's Needle, Andrew's Sitka spoon, and now the Skinny G. Did somebody just realize that salmon eat needlefish?!?

There is a Gibbs Tackle story on Facebook of Harry Buckle, his son and 2 others catching some 4 springs off Trial Island. The pic shows a green& black skinny G in the fishes mouth, and said it worked with a lemon lime or Bonchovy flasher. Other spoon was a coho killer in gold nugget color.

I really like that they have quality hooks too, the kitchen sink ( white,green,black) and the no banana's will be going in my box ... As soon as i find a missing linkage that mysteriously removed itself from my johnson 70 leaving me high n dry...so to speak...

I would like to think nobody stole it but if it was to fall off you would think it would be in the shroud....nada looked everywhere ... Trying to source the part either way ...I will be giving these interesting spoons a go...

Thanks for the pics Harry, pretty sure I know who you are;)
if indeed your the Harry I'm thinking you are
work in Langley by chance? if so save me a couple no bananas and a couple outfitters
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Any spoon that a fish hits this hard needs to be given a test run [emoji12]
7bab059eca60a0f2494d48b1f00d1180.jpg

Gibbs has sponsored every guide in North America it seems. I doubt the skinny g works any better then a myriad of other spoons. Just my 2 cents.

If you watch the video on the Gibbs Delta site it seems it has an interesting flutter action...

Back