Generator

Whitebuck

Looking at purchasing a generator for the trailer. Thinking around the 2000watt range.Obviously the Honda is probably the best choice.
What are you guys running and experience with other models.

I have a couple of the Honda EU2000i generators in my construction business and another one at the cabin. Quiet, economical, tough, reliable. No one starts a generator just for ***** and giggles, you need it to work NOW. I go to the cabin in May and the Honda starts in one or two pulls despite having not been used since September. Consider that reliability plus how long they last and calculate lifetime cost - they're worth the money. FWIW I've spent zero dollars in repairs for all three units so far, with over 7 years of combined ownership.

I purchased a honeywell 1000 and a 2000 from costco years ago. they look similar to the hondas. fairly lightweight although the 2000 watt is a bit heavy. the price was right at the time as one was 399 and the other 499... have done me well through the years. have had to drain the carbs a couple times to get them to start after sitting all winter but that's the only maintenance I've had to do with them. no oil to mix. You can't go wrong with the hondas though. I'd prob buy a honda if I needed another one and didn't have the honeywells..

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HW2000i-Generator-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B001DSGBZQ

northshore_2-B001DSGBZQ-4-sm.jpg

i bought a Duracell branded one through Costco.ca this spring. 2000 watt inverter same specs as the Honda. weight, size and db. seems to work just fine, so far . i have about 20 hours on it. 699.00 as opposed to 1299.00 for the honda. i have had a fair bit of experience with the honda 2000 inverters and they are a very good product. I just couldn't justify the price of one.

I have two gensets. A 20yr old 1500 watt Homelite and a 4300 watt Homelite powered with a Subaru engine.They have not run for over 8 months ( me bad) but because of the storms, I flashed both of them up, just in case. The small one took three pulls-- the other 4 pulls. So dont underestimate the low end priced generators . Honda has a great product-- but they ARE over priced IMO.

I have a Honda EU1000i for camping. Covers everything I've ever needed camping. Awesome little unit. Some guys say the Honda is overpriced, but you get what you pay for. Not to mention the resale of the Honda vs the other brands.

I have the Honda 2000 inverter series, great unit.
I run Trufuel in it before storing , and haven't had any problems. This fuel has a long shelf life - 2 years if container is opened and 5 years if unopened. The generator starts up after months of sitting in the garage.
I buy Trufuel at Home Depot, not cheap at $7 or $8 a can but I can rely on the generator starting up after storage.

http://trufuel50.com/product-info/4-cycle/

After reading countless reviews of the various 2000watt inverter generators I purchased the champion from Canadian tire a few days ago for $499.99. wanted the Honda but couldn't justify the price difference.

i have the champion one now when they first came out in 03 (4000) still going strong used it for 9 hours last night as power was out . only thing i have to say keep it full with stabill or empty it completely and keep it covered ot in storage the tank had a bit of water from using it hunting (rain) and it started getting pin holes and after running developed more so took tank off and put a 3 gallon marine one with the quick connect and i set it up above it works great..

good luck
wolf

Ended up going with the Honda 2000. Pricey, but peace of mind is all that matters at the end of the day. I was the 5th person in line to buy the 2000. Ended up buying the second last one in stock. Quiet and simple when running last night.
Thx for the feedback

Princess Auto... has 2000 invertor type..... cheap
honda more than double
starts on single pull everytime and quiet.

Check out Aspen fuel, ultra pure fuel stays stable for 3-5 years. Available at most lawnmower suppliers.

I have used the Aspen fuel also, a little harder to find in stock at suppliers.
I started to use Trufuel because it was easier to find.

Princess Auto... has 2000 invertor type..... cheap
honda more than double
starts on single pull everytime and quiet.
What do they have for service network? Do you take it back to the store?

Back