Gas tank sender

Simple process to open the access hatch, remove the 5 bolts and put a measuring stick down to the bottom. Way more difficult to find the parts that drop into the tank during this process - ask me how I spent this past Saturday, ask me how a 25" flexible claw device from HD saved me big time...

Anyways, just replaced mine yesterday with a Moeller from HC. really easy to do. The one I bought ranged from 6 - 24" and you snip the sender to fit.

If you leave the arm to long, the guage will say 1/8th tank, but your out of gas! Good luck.

Personally....I prefer the ss tube type with the donut. In my experience they last forever, although they are more expensive than the toilet float style.

Measure tank depth, adjust so sender shaft is in the middle. Adjust the length of the float rod so the float doesn't hit the top or the bottom of the tank. You should be good! I like the donut type as well.

I like the Reed type (donut) switches. It makes it easy to determine fuel levels. I set mine so it is 1/4 tank depth from the bottom so even when the gauge is bouncing off empty I still have 1/4 tank. No arm bending, hoping or guessing.

Back