Gas prices

Bloodbuggy

Hey was just wondering with the gas prices being so low right now, any methods for trying to stockpile for the season? I got about 20 big jerry cans I'm thinking I should fill up, cause you know those prices won't stay that way into the fishing season.

Make sure you have a good water separating fuel filter and spare cartridges and wrench on board. Jerry cans are a classic source of fuel contamination.

I don't think gas will move up much. The Middle East is trying to cripple north America's oil output and it will take longer than that to accomplish. If gas goes up fracking down south and the tar sands ramp up again too. I think it hinges on us and the Americans agreeing on smaller production numbers which is what the Middle East wanted all along.

Soon I think half of Cumberlands finest will be unemployed as the jobs in Fort Mac will dry up. They won't be able to pay these monkeys high wages and sell the oil for nothing.

I see many toys being sold by these guys in the near future as many never saved they just spent spent spent

Russia just turned off the natural gas pipe flow to Europe too. Some homes are cold right now.

You do know these prices shouldnt change till June at the earlest

I am wondering if the "summer price boost" will happen with such low prices. The summer price influx was not an event 25 years ago. This recent pricing has shown that prices are not an issue of demand which was always the excuse for the summer spike.

I would not be surprised if Putin created a major International incident to scare the price per barrel back up.

I would wait a bit on stock pile the fresher the gas the better. If you do buy now put in stabilizer and buy fuel with no ethanol. I wonder if we will see the prices go up just before May long weekend they seem to every year

Soon I think half of Cumberlands finest will be unemployed as the jobs in Fort Mac will dry up. They won't be able to pay these monkeys high wages and sell the oil for nothing.

I see many toys being sold by these guys in the near future as many never saved they just spent spent spent

Classy post...idiot..

I feel bad for the guys who worked in oil patch camps away from families that might/will be losing good paying jobs..to bad they all cant find jobs waving traffic on/off a bc ferry..although they would be way over qualified

Last edited by a moderator:
Classy post...idiot..

I feel bad for the guys who worked in oil patch camps away from families that might/will be losing good paying jobs..to bad they all cant find jobs waving traffic on/off a bc ferry..although they would be way over qualified
Your the classy one.......

Depends where you work, the Sag- d project i work at i am told cost 11 dollar and change to get a barrel out of the ground , well things may get scaled back a bit here there is billions of dollars invested and these low oil prices won't slow production much. If it takes a shake up in world crude prices to change the way oil is extracted from the ground to be more cost effective and environmentally friendly im all for it. I predict crude will be back over 75$ a barrel by sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Canadian Energy Research Institute (CERI) further refined the numbers and estimated that in 2012 the average plant gate costs (including 10% profit margin) of primary recovery was $30.32/bbl, of SAGD was $47.57/bbl, of mining.

Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage, like other thermal extraction processes, is the subject of widespread controversy due to the process being considered particularly environmentally destructive and carbon intensive [7][8] and has been claimed to release 2.5 times more carbon dioxide than traditional oil sands surface mining would use to produce the same amount of oil.
Makes me glad I have no children. go get it!
PS; for the classy one....
can I get some free ferry tickets I only want to go for the day

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where you work, the Sag- d project i work at i am told cost 11 dollar and change to get a barrel out of the ground , well things may get scaled back a bit here there is billions of dollars invested and these low oil prices won't slow production much. If it takes a shake up in world crude prices to change the way oil is extracted from the ground to be more cost effective and environmentally friendly im all for it. I predict crude will be back over 75$ a barrel by sept.

Which project are you on Jeff I was in Fort McKay sag-d....

Have there been a lot of layoffs already? The price drop is pretty damn recent, I wouldn't think the companies would slow down production that fast.. More something we would hear about in a few months if things continue the way they are..

Have there been a lot of layoffs already? The price drop is pretty damn recent, I wouldn't think the companies would slow down production that fast.. More something we would hear about in a few months if things continue the way they are..

Opec is flooding the market with crude to drive down the price per barrel making north american shale drilling & tar sand development less profitable, rigs are getting shutdown all over the place , There have been lots of lay-offs and drilling programs will get scaled back until prices improve and the price per barrel stabilizes, seen it before and we will see it again , it is boom or bust sometimes in the oilfield.

"it is boom or bust sometimes in the oilfield." = the consumer gets gouged or is paying a "semi" fair price IMO. Just goes to prove how much and how easily the price of oil/gas is manipulated/****** with. Again just my humble opinion.

Back