Gas prices up again

scott craven

Gas is $153.9 in Victoria
at a time when most families home heating costs are on the rise
the greedy bastards can't resist getting more money at the pumps.
:mad:

And barrel price hasn't changed still around $54-55. I just hope that what ever fuel eventually takes over from oil that the present oil companies get shut out and have no part of it and go bye bye.

whats worse is diesel keeps going up even though its just a by product of gas... which is cheaper to refine lol typical BC ********, the rest of the country gets a break except us we all just live with it... :(

$1.59 last night in Vancouver and the media isn’t even interested in the story.

I was in Victoria last weekend. I paid 141.7 on Sunday I guess before prices went up. Got home to Van and my local Shell was 1.57. That’s a $65 difference in cost filling my boat. We get so ripped off in this city.

Liberal bashing on a gas price thread ... last time I checked it was Conservative governments that want to keep subsidizing this industry to the tune of billions per year, despite O&G industry execs and investors making fortunes from gouging us, the consumer. Being upset at the inflated prices that are nothing but gouging is fair, but direct your anger where it belongs!

I filled at 109.9 last week here in Kamloops, not sure what it’s at now but Costco’s pricing keeps it a bit more reasonable around here.

Cheers!

Ukee

Liberal bashing on a gas price thread ... last time I checked it was Conservative governments that want to keep subsidizing this industry to the tune of billions per year, despite O&G industry execs and investors making fortunes from gouging us, the consumer. Being upset at the inflated prices that are nothing but gouging is fair, but direct your anger where it belongs!

I filled at 109.9 last week here in Kamloops, not sure what it’s at now but Costco’s pricing keeps it a bit more reasonable around here.

Cheers!

Ukee

Not stealing money in taxes from a company is not subsidizing it. The money a company make does not belong to the government it belongs to the companies it’s not up to the government to decide how much we can retain or how much a company can retain. Any money taken in taxes from a company is gone it’s lost, the government disposes of it. Any money kept by a company is used in re investment to grow the company and adds jobs and grows the economy.
You want to bring gas prices down in your province get after them to build that pipe and a couple more like it, you would be surprised what can happen. Otherwise get used to it and get ready to pay even more.

The billions of dollars in Fed and Prov subsidies is fact and is in addition to the gross amount of profit via gouging and collusion this industry makes. As far a s pipelines go, another fact is one recent PM bought the damn thing to push it through while the other did absolutely sweet FA to get it built, despite squandering away billions in austerity spending post-2008. Despite the rhetoric and bias on here, it’s the Libs who got something done on this file I drive by the pipeline being built in this province everyday for the past month.

I have no issues with subsidies if it can be shown to make it back into the economy and benefits all Canadians (in the case of fed $) but when it goes to an industry led by billionaires and millionaires and I continue to get gouged at the pump, sorry but I’m not on board with that. If the industry has its hand out for any tax dollar subsidies, let alone billions, I expect conditions on that subsidy that includes checks on billionaire profits and benefits to cCanadians at the pump.

Cheers!

Ukee

Also, the resources of this country belong to the citizens of this country, not multinational companies. So fees and taxes to access and profit from that resource isn’t “stealing money” from anyone.

Interesting that many folks on here who get up in arms about the privatization of the fisheries resource as a commodity to be gifted to industry, rather than protected as the common property it is, seem to be ok with our O&G resources being treated differently. Hypocrisy is an ugly look!

Cheers!

Ukee

Most Canadian companies aren’t owned by billionaires or any individual as far as that goes, my goodness are people’s understanding of large public held companies really this delusional. These companies are owned by investors namely union funds and retirement fund managers when they lose money everyone loses money.

I will guarantee you if Harper would have stayed in power that Northern Gateway would be being built as we speak instead of a 40 billion dollar F up going through one of the busiest metropolitan areas in the country.

If you think we are being gouged at the pumps now you wait and see what’s coming. If cities get their way and go ahead with the lawsuits they are talking about who do you think is going to pay for those lawsuits, those companies or the people that are at the other end of the pay scale. You and I will pay for those lawsuits especially if they are successful, it will be an added charge at the pumps and on our bills, a simple “climate change initiative fund” charge. Mark my words it will be their.

Also, the resources of this country belong to the citizens of this country, not multinational companies. So fees and taxes to access and profit from that resource isn’t “stealing money” from anyone.

Interesting that many folks on here who get up in arms about the privatization of the fisheries resource as a commodity to be gifted to industry, rather than protected as the common property it is, seem to be ok with our O&G resources being treated differently. Hypocrisy is an ugly look!

Cheers!

Ukee

Part of this is people have personal biases/conflicts that they can't step back from. The people that work in oil and gas or supporting industries have a vested personal interest. The same can be said about a charter operator, commercial fisherman, first nations etc when it comes to fisheries items. Some have a vested interest and it is clear on the board the differing views. I also get it, people need to take of their family first and items that may have a direct impact on personal pocketbooks get people fired up.

Cheers!

Ukee

Companies pay for those resources. They buy the land on the open market from the governments, they bid on the right to the tunes of millions of dollars to take the gamble and drill for those resources. Then after they have spent billions to explore and produce those resources a fee is still paid per bbl to the provinces they are extracted from, it’s far from free. Would you like to see fishing rights for certain areas go on the open market and be bid on by individuals. Would you like to see area G bid on by large corporations and all other stake holders withheld from entering that area. That would be the same, trust me it’s not the same now, not ever close.

Cheers!

Ukee
So true. Just depends who's ox is getting gored. Lol

Back