ga checkpoint 2601

Fixit

beware, price may seem attractive, but its a neglected boat

went with high hopes and a deposit in my pocket, ready to sign an offer subject to mechanical inspection and sea trial.

left very dissapointed with a wasted sat.

what i found was a boat that seemed to have been ignored and neglected for some time, had been stripped of everything worth taking off, (kicker, radar, even things like the scotty bases were removed, not the swivel base but the plate that bolts to the gunwhale. incorrect chain for windlass, windlass didnt work, two dead batteries, dealer not willing to start the engine, found delaminated bulkheads, starboard side hull damage/repair? 5 open screw holes in the transom, 10 year old trailer tires, with inoperatave brakes on one axle only, not both as required in bc, not to mention the trailer was overloaded for the dry weight of the boat. broken vhf antenna, torn upholstry, canvas windows were garbage, bolsters that fell off when touched, loose hinges, screws etc.

dealer said price was firm, even when i pointed out all these obvious defects, they said no to one dollar less than asking price.

be warned, its a project boat

The trailer is also surge brakes, when it should be electric over hydraulic. If the economy turns they will take a bath, if not they will sell it for 35k to someone who thinks it is an easy project.
That’s correct, I made way more of a list but got tired typing it out on my phone
I’m surprised that a dealer would sell something In that condition and now bother to fix the most obviously things

That sounds like it has been submerged with that amount of damage and removed equipment.
I dont think it had been submerged or swamped, none of the electrical looked bad in the engine compartment, dispite some of it being untinned battery cables with electrical tape “heat shrink”. The engine wasn’t a big rust ball, pulleys etc were ok condition

Yeah that’s the price i saw that got me interested too. Don’t offer $33,998 or they’ll say no

Back