future of downriggers/cut plugs

capt hook

The sport fishing community has been getting better and better over the years at targeting and catching Chinook.
There is talk of eliminating a couple of instruments that make us good at what we do.
One is the elimination of the downrigger.
Two is the elimination of cut plugging.
The mortality rate of released chinook from cut plugs is seriously HIGH.
It could be in our best interests for us to suggest ways to help rather than have closure after closure ...
If we dont , Ottawa will ram it down our throat or up our @#$ if we like it or not.
Think about coast wide catch and release? if we dont come up with real good suggestions , that is what we will be getting.

The sport fishing community has been getting better and better over the years at targeting and catching Chinook.
There is talk of eliminating a couple of instruments that make us good at what we do.
One is the elimination of the downrigger.
Two is the elimination of cut plugging.
The mortality rate of released chinook from cut plugs is seriously HIGH.
It could be in our best interests for us to suggest ways to help rather than have closure after closure ...
If we dont , Ottawa will ram it down our throat or up our @#$ if we like it or not.
Think about coast wide catch and release? if we dont come up with real good suggestions , that is what we will be getting.

What are you talking about and do you have anything to back your comments with? What talk?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would support coast wide catch and release all day if you or them can prove to me you arent going to give the fish we leave in the ocean to some commie or FN group.

I am sick of being the only ones that get facked for conservation.

Lorne

Smells like troll, looks like troll, talks like troll--- GUESS WHAT ????? Its sure aint fried chicken..................................

You... who.... Capt Hook er I mean Chris ver3 look over here.

trollspray.jpg

Actually, I would like to hear more...where is this coming from C H? What are you basing that on. I never heard one peep of this at the South Coast SFAB meeting today despite a huge discussion around conservation measures/options for Fraser 42 and 52 chinook.

Actually, I would like to hear more...where is this coming from C H? What are you basing that on. I never heard one peep of this at the South Coast SFAB meeting today despite a huge discussion around conservation measures/options for Fraser 42 and 52 chinook.

I think most of us would like to know. That is why I asked in a polite way hoping the troll would respond but he has been hit by the spray so we are sh*t out of luck now.

What are you talking about and do you have anything to back your comments with? What talk?

Your wasting your breath talking to this guy. Check out his previous 22 posts; almost all are designed to stir the pot and not advance the interests of sport fishing He is a Commie and that is whose interests he is trying to advance here. Besides wanting us to fish with a string and stick, he also wants us to switch to catch and release. How about we write his buddies a cheque if we want to keep one. I am sure they would also like to own some fish/quota that they could lease out rather than work. Wish he would stop using the “we sporties” - he is not fooling anyone. Glad someone found the troll spray; I was looking for my can.

Wood_Door-Liner_skirting.jpg

Do you know what that is Craptn hook?

.... Use it.

Pizz off...
emo-coffee.gif

LOL, that is too funny...guess you are all right we will never see the so called facts. Darn, would have been oh so interesting...I was rather looking forward to it.

Elimination of a downrigger or cut plug? How about a Dipsy Diver and a flasher and a spoon too? Or maybe them plugs? This must be a troll.

Funny thing is if history repeats it's self he might not be far off!!

Have a look at the downrigger ban in sanich inlet and sidney area back in the day.

The original poster has the opening line all wrong. It should read "the COMMERCIAL fishing industry has gotten better and better over the years at targeting and killing chinook to support the incomes of a very select few people".

Even a visually impaired individual can plainly see the multi bazillion dollar impact that recreational chinook fishing has to every local economy from southern California to the bearing sea and everywhere in between......Oh, and cut plug herring killing chinook ?????, that is hilarious and shows the IQ of the OP.

It's the infamous "Dr Crook" who's well known for his commie BS.

Lock and ban

Funny thing is if history repeats it's self he might not be far off!!

Have a look at the downrigger ban in sanich inlet and sidney area back in the day.

Also in areas up at Rivers Inlet that exists today. There are a few restricted areas out there. I may be an Aprils Fool, but with DFO, you never know.

Back