fuller lake

hey guys just wondering if fuller lake isd any good for fishing from a boat right now. please fill me in thank you

C'mon young buck, you know the game now, just get out there and do it. You are young and have the energy to make reports more than us old guys do. We are counting on you!

C'mon young buck, you know the game now, just get out there and do it. You are young and have the energy to make reports more than us old guys do. We are counting on you!

^^^^^^^^^^

I was out there on Sunday just from the dock. there were some guys out in boats. also a few guys at chemainus lake that day.

literally stocked lakes like fuller your nearly guaranteed a fish 6 months of the year... Just put the boat in and troll around!

yup its really good right now, bagged 2 about 16" last weekend and a few other smaller ones as well. we were trolling...

Fuller is excellent this time of year, there is a big lake in Duncan that starts with a Q .. you want to try this one for sure bud! will be waiting for a report... kinda banging my head against the wall for not bringing my flyrod back to Alberta with me as my rig is shutdown due to the rain we had and i am 3 miles away from a good fishing..at Anderson damn...

Fuller is excellent this time of year, there is a big lake in Duncan that starts with a Q .. you want to try this one for sure bud! will be waiting for a report... kinda banging my head against the wall for not bringing my flyrod back to Alberta with me as my rig is shutdown due to the rain we had and i am 3 miles away from a good fishing..at Anderson damn...

who told you about the Q?? Most guys that know about it are pretty secretive, you should give it a try in late october. Some monster fish ;)

Kunni

been fishing there for many years bud, just cause im a rookie fly fisher doesn't mean i don't know where the big trout are at, from my experience all the trout i have ever taken from there seem to taste muddy or have worms, ever been frying a trout and had worms crawl out of it right in the frying pan...Yuk but ya there is 5-lbers in there for sure. i just return them all after having a bad one.

another one with monster trout that are muddy n wormy is quennel lake in cedar, good fishing but not to tastey..

nice never been to quennel lake, I have heard it has some big bass but also trout. Thats awesome! I have had some big bass out of thetis lake, and whenever i have kept a few they always have worms, kinda nasty especially if your cooking them.
Kunni

ya you definitely have to be careful, i only eat trout out of lakes higher up in elevation, from what i have seen all the low lying lakes seem to have wormy trout, not really huge trout eater but frying one or two up well camping can be pretty awesome.i get more joy watching them swim free, its a great feeling watching them swim away healthy . has to be a pretty nice size like the ones you have been getting down south before i will giver the wood shampoo.

ya you definitely have to be careful.

Can you get sick from them? I assume a parasite like that would die off if there cooked properly, if you dont cook it off that could be a different story. The trout in the south lakes get worms in the stomachs also all of them. Most dont have worms in the gills, but the occasional one will.

if you have watch worms crawl out of a cleaned fish in the frying pan , you would probably not eat it, i know i wouldn't mmmmmm extra protein i guess...lol

I kept 2 trout from Q in january last year! they were good! Jan feb for some good fly fishing in Q ;) LOL

Most think im full O Shyte but give it a go! I broke ice with my tinny once and it was a great day !

-KK

i believe ya,, its the summer months when the water temp is way up you can expect the wormy trout

Last edited by a moderator:
Back