FS: 2017 Boston Whaler Conquest 315 - Vancouver

Are you going to be in the Coastal Craft 33 Pro Fish price range? Or beyond?

Will probably be similar in cost to the 33 ProFish. I refuse to PAIN-t my aluminum boats (so much grief over a short time) and so I'll be saving a big chunk of cash without having to fair and paint it. The wrap we used on the last one has held up perfectly well over a few seasons, so I'll go that way again. The ProFish has ALOT of time and money in the paint, and to me, adding a high maintenance item to an alloy boat just defeats the purpose of the alloy boat. Additionally this one will have a centre-island queen berth, unlike the ProFish which has a v-berth. Finally at 6'4" I can't stand comfortably inside the ProFish, nor see from the back deck to the front of the boat when fishing. The height of the ProFish pilot house and the subsequent sight lines is too low for me. I spoke to them about raising the house but I felt a little resistance to change the 'look' of the brand.

At the end of the day I'm happier with the rugged style and build of the Eaglecraft over the super refined polished look of the Coastal Craft. YMMV depending on what is important to you and your needs. :)

Current Eaglecraft is 33 x 11 with a single D6-400 diesel sterndrive and a 25hp HiThrust kicker. Current Eaglecraft holds 190 gallons and burns 16 gallons at 28mph cruise. It's going to be bitter sweet going from the diesel to the outboards, but it will be a really fast boat with 900hp hanging off the back.
I’d love to see some pics when the new beast is all done up!

Will probably be similar in cost to the 33 ProFish. I refuse to PAIN-t my aluminum boats (so much grief over a short time) and so I'll be saving a big chunk of cash without having to fair and paint it. The wrap we used on the last one has held up perfectly well over a few seasons, so I'll go that way again. The ProFish has ALOT of time and money in the paint, and to me, adding a high maintenance item to an alloy boat just defeats the purpose of the alloy boat. Additionally this one will have a centre-island queen berth, unlike the ProFish which has a v-berth. Finally at 6'4" I can't stand comfortably inside the ProFish, nor see from the back deck to the front of the boat when fishing. The height of the ProFish pilot house and the subsequent sight lines is too low for me. I spoke to them about raising the house but I felt a little resistance to change the 'look' of the brand.

At the end of the day I'm happier with the rugged style and build of the Eaglecraft over the super refined polished look of the Coastal Craft. YMMV depending on what is important to you and your needs. :)

Only way to go wrt to topsides finish. Life happens when you are using and enjoying your boat in our environment. You don't want to be crying everytime a cannonball 'bumps' the hull or whatever.
We have been thinking of stripping off the paint and all the fairing compound on our topsides, just to leave it bare or put on a bit of a wrap.
Then the rona went worldwide and now apocalypse/ghetto chic is all the rage!

You are also bang on with the reason to switch up from diesel to outboard. You got the need for speed! I totally respect that.
Looking forward to this taking shape.

Should be 1.0mpg at fast cruise and 1.2mpg at regular cruise, based on what I've seen on other boats of similar dimensions. :)
So you're really only half my efficiency at cruise x the difference in Gas vs. Diesel cost. My extra maintenance costs on the Volvo's far outweigh that cost and like others have said fuel can be split with friends where maintenance never is. I'd assume that's what I'd need for power.

Back