frozen oysters

tubbed out

So more than once I have been told you can freeze oysters in the shell , so I have done this with a few my aunt droped off and it has come time to cook them . Question is .... To thaw or not to thaw????

Is there anything i need to do to prep these ??

Can I just cook as normal ??

thanks tubbed

Yep throw them in warmish water in the sink they will open right up for you to take off the other shell. then place on pans(which I put heavy duty tin foil on) and let thaw about an hour just the right amount of time to make up your spinach and cheese mixture for them.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I say don't thaw...
heat up your BBQ, and when med. heat is obtained
put them on the top shelf for about 10 mins. or until the shell cracks open..
put a lttle butter, a drop of tabasco & maybe a little chopped
cilantro on top and eat them right out of the shell.

I also throw them on the BBQ frozen in the shell. My favourite way is I like to add butter, parmesan cheese and sometimes a wee dab of hot sauce. They're freakin' delicious.

Forgot to add then bake in the oven. same as what you guys are talking on the bbq but i like to make it up ahead of time and not burn my hsnds from the heat of the bbq.LOL
I make a mixture of spinach, montery jack and parmason cheese on top of the half shell then bake till golden.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

so I went with frozen solid on the q till they popped

then added butter, garlic,shallots , cilantro and a drop of franks , topped of with parmasean cheese

I was the king of the bbq

thanks guys ,couldnt have done it without you

tubbed

Back