Frost bite derby

wolf

Hello everyone the derby was held today under perfect conditions calm waters and sunny skies the biggest fish was a 21 lb 10 oz then there were 3 fish in the 18 lb mark 18 10oz to 18 2oz , lots of little ones I think the total amount of fish caught was around 40.
Me personally I got a 11.5 lb that placed 8th got a complete prawn trap with rope,trap,float and bait container. first place was 500 dollars and a bottle of booze then the next two prizes were electric down riggers and 4th place was a new rod and reel worth 500 bucks donated by trotac marine. then the rest of the prizes were what was on the table.
Very fun derby!!!!!!!!
Bye for now Wolf

Sounds like a good derby, Wolf. Was it out of Sunny Shores? I didn't hear a thing about it. I was talking to the creel survey guy this week and he says Whirl bay has been hot.
Tom

Sounds like a good derby, Wolf. Was it out of Sunny Shores? I didn't hear a thing about it. I was talking to the creel survey guy this week and he says Whirl bay has been hot.
Tom

This derby has been a invite only they only sell 100 tickets a great small derby and the boundries are from albert head to clover point so every one has to fish in between there.I also forgot to metion that the organizers of the derby donated 600 dollars to the esquimalt anglers assc.to go towards the hatchery program.
I also heard whirl bay was hot and the bluffs also I think the winter fishery is just a great year this year hearing alot of chtter as the best ever lots of teens and 20 s around,I know the boozers derby last weekend was a fish over 20 as well.
good luck Wolf

This derby has been a invite only they only sell 100 tickets a great small derby and the boundries are from albert head to clover point so every one has to fish in between there.I also forgot to metion that the organizers of the derby donated 600 dollars to the esquimalt anglers assc.to go towards the hatchery program.
I also heard whirl bay was hot and the bluffs also I think the winter fishery is just a great year this year hearing alot of chtter as the best ever lots of teens and 20 s around,I know the boozers derby last weekend was a fish over 20 as well.
good luck Wolf

Back