Freshwater conservation stamps

Fins -n- Skins

Just saw the saltwater stamp thread and as i just purchased another freshwater licence and also a steelhead stamp. Now unlike saltwater stamps i know most of the money from freshwater licence's stay in the province and go to enhancement. Now here's the thing. I fish mostly south island rivers with no hatcheries and have to purchase a stamp to fish for steelhead. Now i don't have to puchase a salmon stamp to fish for salmon in the rivers if i release them, if there's a opening in freshwater for salmon and you want to retain one you need a stamp. Now with only a handful of rivers with hatchery steelhead i can see if i fish that river and retain a steelhead i need a stamp, but why would i need a stamp to fish a wild system ?? Been checked by CO's that say you need a stamp when fishing steelhead period. I don't mind paying if the money goes to steelhead enhancement or improvements to rivers, but not to raise 2# trout to through in a lake!!

Welcome to the world of politics I hate as much as you do skins and you are right "WHY" there is no accountability in our systems anymore im sure most of us would pay double or even more if we knew and saw RESULTS for a change but dont hold your breath .....
good post though

Back