Fraser sockeye predictions?

BarryA

Crew Member
has anyone seen any early estimates on the run size this year and whether we'll get a sport fishery? I'm not finding anything via searching online.

This year's run is the 2nd return of the poor 2009 run that triggered the Cohen inquiry. There was no sockeye opening in 2013 and I wouldn't expect any opening for sockeye this summer either.

Nope unless a miracle occurs. 2018 is our best bet. Unless changes are made we are down to a sport fishery on Fraser bound sockeye once every 4 years....sad times.

Just cleaned up this thread. Keep it on topic and do not start a debate about race with broad brush strokes, as it contravenes our posting guidelines.
Form the forum rules section.
"As users of this forum, members agree to NOT insult, slur, slander, threaten, defame, make remarks of a racial or sexual nature, or verbally attack any individual or business enterprise."

would be nice to see a short opening for the pitt river once they make the turn but....... i talked to people last year fishing mount baker lake and thinking there techniques would work on pitt lake, would love even a two week opening.

And every 4 years we will see BCTV News and others showing the over abundance of sox. Media are a bunch of liars and never tell the full story regarding sockeye.

Back