Franklin Expedition search: Ice dive team ready to discover more secrets of HMS Erebu

I have mixed feelings about this whole project.
We seem to be spending a fortune on finding these dead sailors and yet the ones that live, here in the now, we short change them by slashing their budgets and closing stations. I would like to know how much has this Franklin project costed us to date and what is the estimated yearly cost. This was started in 2008 and with one more shipwreck to find we could be at it for a while.

[TVY8LoM47xI]

As was said before: "I would like to know how much has this Franklin project costed us to date and what is the estimated yearly cost."

Something new from the north.

What lies beneath
Three summers ago, divers found the first wreck of the Franklin Expedition. Using state-of-the-art technology, they’re now piecing together what led to the tragedy

In the murkiness shrouding the wrecks of the Franklin Expedition, the mysteries are endless.

How did HMS Erebus and HMS Terror end up where they did in the mid-19th century, meeting a sad demise in the icy depths off the coast of what is now Nunavut?

What about John Franklin and the 128 men who set out with him from England on their quest for the elusive Northwest Passage — what did they do as their grim fate became apparent?

And who were the last survivors?

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/sh/tixaWyQzFX/what-lies-beneath/

Back