Forum members BOATS

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by wolf, Aug 9, 2009.

1. NahmintPR

NahmintPR New Member

A real beauty!
    Lots of good advice on this site.
    Cheers.

2. Steve95

Steve95 Member

My boat has sharkhide on it. Will it protect it in a hot marina if I leave it in ? And how often does it need to be re-coated ?

3. paguy

paguy Well-Known Member

Shark hide is to protect the shine and nothing else. A professional bottom paint and correct anodes is going to protect your aluminum.

Tugcapitan and trophywife like this.
  4. OHDEER

OHDEER New Member

Heres the "knott workin"
    got her in 2009 and has served me and the fam well!!!!!! DAS BOOT.jpg

ronin2024, bigdogeh, Steve95 and 9 others like this.
  5. Rayvon

Rayvon Well-Known Member

IMG_7627.JPG This is the 206 Double Eagle I bought out of Edmonton last Sept./17.This boat is by far the best shape I've ever owned (It's a 2004) but I still miss my bigger boat,so it may come up for sale.But not until I find what I'm looking for,and that could be a while given our Cdn. dollar and lack of good used boats for sale locally.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    OHDEER, Oly1, bigdogeh and 5 others like this.
  6. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

Let me know when your ready. I have owned a 1998 176 and currently have a 2006 185. I'm not ready now but I always tell me wife I need the 206 next and she never said no. The main thing that I like is the hard top I really don't like canvas tops.

TheHurtLocker likes this.
  7. Cmiles

Cmiles Crew Member

Love the 206 that's my next move as well

8. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

Let the bidding war begin!

Cmiles likes this.
  9. Hagar

Hagar Member

I had nylic put on my brand new Silver Streak is that the same kind of protection?

10. ronin2024

ronin2024 Member

Do you put the Sharkhide only on the unpainted Aluminum or do you put it over the paint as well. Also does anyone know where you can buy it locally?

11. Just put it on any unpainted metal. It doesn't last too long on chrome or something highly polished tho. Don't put it on plastic either as it will lift and look terrible. You should be able to get it at any boat shop. I think u can check their website for distributors in your area if I'm not mistaken.

12. RogersonCrusoe

RogersonCrusoe Crew Member

A good family friend of the in laws heard I was starting to sniff around for a new boat as the ol 17' isn't as safe as I'd like (low gunwale, and rides low) and I'm starting to travel further and further to find the good fish.
    So, gentlemen, I was offered this 1974 21' Glasply for next to nothing. 4.3L v6, radar, plotter and fish finder, and many other neat accessories. Her name is Grasshopper.

The better half and I are astounded with how much room there is and how she handles the chop without a whimper. Can't wait to really take her out and give her a good skunking.

download_20180819_135105.jpg

Attached Files:

Stizzla, Oly1, Mudshark and 11 others like this.
  13. Fisherman Rob

Fisherman Rob Well-Known Member

Reviving this thread, here's a photo of my 17' Double Eagle anchored off the beach last summer.
    IMG_1360 (1).jpg

14. TipUp

TipUp Active Member

Nice looking Double Eagle, Rob. Here's a pic of our new to us 2470 pursuit walkaround " Island Style". Used the new boat alot this summer, all over from Bowen island, Nanaimo, Barkley Sound, and Nootka. Very impressed with the quality of the ride and the big fishing deck.

Attached Files:

15. inlet hunter

inlet hunter New Member

Here another 2470 pursuit IMG_4483.jpg out in the Tuna grounds

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Fisherman Rob, ReelSlim and Stizzla like this.
  16. Rayvon

Rayvon Well-Known Member

I've always thought a "Pursuit" would be my last and best boat,but this will have to do for this lifetime.

Attached Files:

17. Bent-Tip

Bent-Tip Active Member

Here's a pic of my tub DEagle.JPG

18. Cmiles

Cmiles Crew Member

Nice looking boats rob and bent tip I keep getting the itch to sell mine and go bigger but the 176 really does all I need keep the pix coming makes me feel better about keeping mine

19. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

You know you love her, Chris. Don’t do anything foolish!

20. Cmiles

Cmiles Crew Member

Guilty as charged steve