Forum members BOATS

Mud.JPG
Raw water hose split.
Went down in an hour. Diesel motor full of saltwater.
Insurance write off

Last edited by a moderator:
18 ft livingston viking.
Small cuddy, self bailing deck.
90 hp evinrude
6hp evinrude
20170801_142201.jpg

Last edited:
I need a friend out on the water to take an action shot of mine :)

All I have is shots of her sitting on the trailer at home.

haha we didn't know they were taking it. A neighbor of ours happened to be watching the same whale and took the pic. They were a ways away but she had a top notch camera. She emailed it to us a week later

dink boat pic.jpg

Sorry to seem like a braggart but I wanted to show off my new boat too! 180 Sportsman. Hopefully it'll give us a few years of fun times on Puget Sound, Buoy 10, local lakes and other fisheries I haven't thought about yet.

Also, I wanted to thank my friends in the North for all of the tips, tricks and advise you all post. This is a great site with a lot of knowledge so I appreciate all of your time and help!

My first boat, a 1990 Double Eagle. I bought it in summer of 2017 off a guy from work who’s owned it for most of its life.
He put a Yamaha 90hp on it on 2008 and it had 67hrs on it when I bought it. So he used it an average of about 6hrs per year. Since I’ve had it it’s had:
New kicker and bracket, seats and carpet wrapped boxes, stand up top, fishfinder, VHF, downriggers, steering wheel, newer trailer which I refurbished with springs, rims, tires, hubs and led lights. Also got all my fishing gear this year.
More upgrades to come in 2018...
FD0844A5-48F4-45ED-9F6D-680EB82D035A.jpeg

Nice one! How quickly does the back cover go away so you can fish?
Thx.
The canvas unsnaps quickly but depending on the weather we fish and prawn with it as in the photo as well. The inside height of the fishing deck is 6' 7" so for us there's plenty of space for fighting and landing fish. With the canvas pulled off its easy to hand the rod around the rear posts but when we have a fish on we steer the boat to keep it to one side or the other. So when the weather is ok we unsnap and remove the canvas before the lines go down... the rear canvas and the two side canvasses are separate pieces so they are easily removed and folded up. Sure is nice though when its pouring rain or when its really hot out. We use the boat a lot and travel up the coast & and on the west coast of the island so really nice to be weather tight... so little more space for the two of us.
I did have the aluminum top fabricated and attached so it could be removed easily but after a few years of use I'm pretty certain I won't ever do that.
Really like the storage space on the roof top as well.

Back