Forum members BOATS

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by wolf, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Active Member

Your Double Eagle looks awesome! Looks like you have done alot of work to it. Great job!

SteelyDan likes this.
  2. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

Thanks. Got a custom windshield done to our specs by ajr marine windows this season as well as the new full enclosure Bimini top. Best mod this year was adding the kicker steering in the back.

3. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

New pic of my boat after my stringer/deck project. Fishing the Winchelsea gap near Nanoose Bay

IMG_2787.JPG

GLG, baddogg, Geno and 8 others like this.
  4. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

Awesome job man! Glad to see her back in the water :).

MRWood likes this.
  5. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

Thanks John. Got her back in the water late June. It's good to have it back. Now we need the fishing to pick up a notch :)

6. noluck

noluck Well-Known Member

looks good Dan

7. ExFlyGuy

ExFlyGuy Well-Known Member

image.jpg My boat, she's an oldie but it still works!

FisherTim and MRWood like this.
  8. Heavyc

Heavyc Active Member

Love the name steelydan

9. cracked_ribs

cracked_ribs Well-Known Member

I keep chipping away at the old beast...

[​IMG]

advTHXance and SteelyDan like this.
  10. SteelyDan

IMG_0645.JPG Any sane man can only fight three-foot-itus for so long without going completely insane. In my case it was severe. 5-foot-itus got the best of me.

Tugcapitan, Reeltime, Geno and 7 others like this.
  11. albernifisher

albernifisher Well-Known Member

12. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

That is a beast. Looks good Gary.

13. vanisland

vanisland Member

@SteelyDan Is that a donzi f23? Did you just bring that here from the states?

SteelyDan likes this.
  14. SteelyDan

You betcha

15. Thunder21

Thunder21 Well-Known Member

Since Alberni fisher posted his beast I thought maybe we should try to get a couple 26 hourstons on the same page. Here's the boat I picked up recently

Attached Files:

e-zee, eriks, advTHXance and 5 others like this.
  16. vanisland

vanisland Member

Was on uship looking at quotes for shipping and saw that one, assume that was yours? How did the shipping process work out?

17. SteelyDan

Sorry took so long to reply but yea, that was my donzi up there. "HockeyRick" hauled it for me. Wasn't impressed how he threw my canvas in the cabin all crumpled up. Especially the isenglass. The Chirp garmin unit was left on the dash as well as he drove on a flat and destroyed the spare rim. The broker dropped the ball on the electronics. He told me he would stow locked in the cabin for me. Overall a shitty experience. It was a good boat with a shitty trailer. Had a hard time finding anyone willing to work on the trailer for me. Little to no help at all from the broker. I'm still a bit pissed but it's here now anyways. Overall a stressful experience. End rant

1marko, vanisland, kelly and 2 others like this.
  18. advTHXance

advTHXance Well-Known Member

Thats a great action shot of "The Beast"!

19. cracked_ribs

cracked_ribs Well-Known Member

West side of Valdes on Thursday morning. Ton of chop for inside the islands; usually so calm in there. Was blowing right down the strait at 20-25 and sure put a beating on us coming out of the Fraser. Left at high tide and the waves were sweeping right over the breakwater and the only effect it had was to confuse the hell out of the seas. Had to keep the canvas on her just to keep the spray out. Fairly unpleasant conditions.

Old 302 keeps chugging along though. Starts with a tap of the key and runs strong. The 280 leg is a bit of a brute without the trim but I run it high with hydraulic tabs for trim control and it goes all right.

Labman2 and Chasin' Dreams like this.
  20. Busterbrown

Busterbrown Active Member

It looks like it was worth the wait !! Great looking boat.. I had a similar experience with a USHIP contractor. I had boat shipped from Florida two years ago and when I met the Shipper at the border things were not good. I had a new trailer built for the boat and when it arrived the trailer and boat was covered in yellow road line paint. In addition the radar dome was smashed to hell and was filled with tree bark. The shipper had the balls to tell me it was like that when he picked it up.
    The broker I used was terrific and sent me many photos of the unit before it left, and while it was leaving !!! I am still trying to get the yellow paint out of the trailer wheel wells !!