Forum members BOATS

Here is Red Hot on a lazy day...

RedHot.jpg
[/img]

Here you go SS. You just forgot to highlight the link and then to click on the insert image button. It adds the image tags on either side of your link. Alternatively you can also just copy the IMG Code link from photobucket instead of the Direct Link. The IMG Code link has the tags already.

StriperSniperatPH2.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Nice boats boys. Ok, back to work.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

WOW!!!
They're all so awesome! I am seriously jealous!
I'm finding myself drooling over EVERY boat these days!

At this point, I even dream of a little aluminum one for now...perhaps a blow up dinghy, or I could paddle out on hubby's surfboard LOL! This is our second summer fishing from the rocks, and I don't feel like I can wait much longer to catch my first salmon!!!

quote:Originally posted by famograham

At this point, I even dream of a little aluminum one for now...perhaps a blow up dinghy, or I could paddle out on hubby's surfboard LOL! This is our second summer fishing from the rocks, and I don't feel like I can wait much longer to catch my first salmon!!!

My boat, 18' campion 542...need to find a pic of mine, but here's someone else's that's close (just imagine a merc on the back)
9503g09_20.jpeg

Famograham: my suggestion is keep it simple! Don't know where you are, but here in Sooke you regularly see little 12' car topper aluminum boats with a 10hp at Otter Point or Possession out there with the big boys. A guy at nootka was killing it in what looked like an 8' zodiac. Thing is, you have to be very cautious of weather and if it's bad, you don't go. Otherwise...just as much chance of catching a fish as anyone else, but a lot less expensive. I sometimes miss the simplicity of my 14'mirrocraft...though not when it's blowing 20 knots, cold and rainy. :)

http://fishingportrenfrew.ca
http://fishingsooke.ca

Thanks Juandesooka!

That's exactly what we want right now! We live in French Creek, but have lots of family down in Sooke, so are down there fairly often.

Where would you suggest we look for this kind of setup, what's a fair price, brands, or things to look for...etc?

Thanks!
Linda

Famograham...this is totally off topic, but seeing as you live in FC and want to catch a salmon...wait 3 weeks, go down to the beach by the mouth of the Little Qualicum, launch a rowboat, canoe, dingy or chunk of styrofoam and jig with Mac Deeps with the rest of the boats;)...just kidding on the styrofoam, but it doesn't take much of a boat to fish in 60' of water 100 yds from shore (assuming you can launch it from the beach).

Thanks DOF..we just might do that! We'll try at least...this fishing thing is a fast growing addiction, Eh?

Thanks for that SS. I was going to post this one
Intruder3.jpg

And then I saw Gypseas tricked-out Intruder!!! Oh waaaaaa! I want!!!

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

IMG_0911.jpg

From Everett WA and try to fish Victoria and Sooke as often as possible.

<h4>DRAGGIN' BAIT</h4>

Hey Famograham, I currently fish out of a 10' inflatable with a 4 horse, and seem to do alright. It is a little light, so it has a mind of its own regarding direction with the riggers down, but it still pulls them along. I say you can fish from pretty much anything. And, following up on another post, I once saw an outboard mounted on a foam block in the Fraser. The bottom line is, there are lots of affordable boats out there, so pretty much any one can have one. Just make sure the one you pick is sound, and know its limits.

I gotta get a pic of mine up here and put the rest of you to shame!

Hey H.H., is that pod from Dss?
Looking to have one done like yours and "Last Chances"

quote:Originally posted by Labman

Hey H.H., is that pod from Dss?
Looking to have one done like yours and "Last Chances"

Came from the factory at Hewes as an option.

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

IMG_0060.jpg
[/img]
you may have seen me a few times around sooke to bamfield.
Jack

Back