For Sale: 18 Foot Welded Aluminum Center Console

I like the shape and space but that looks like the most uncomfortable boat I've ever seen :)
I bet you'd get a few more bites if people could picture where to sit while "cruising beautifully at 30mph".

Is it just a coincidence that the Kellahan listed in the buy and sell section is also called Baby Duck? Or did you build that one too?

I like the shape and space but that looks like the most uncomfortable boat I've ever seen :)
I bet you'd get a few more bites if people could picture where to sit while "cruising beautifully at 30mph".

Adrihol: Good question. When constructing custom boats it is usually my goal to first create a completed boat that is able to be test driven and complete to the simplest standards. After a buyer is found that is when myself and the new owners get to the sort out all the details and add all the custom mounts, SEATING, brackets, electronics, etc. Most of the fabrication modifications and installations I do free of charge above the original asking price as well. This final step in customizing a boat with a buyer is usually the most satisfying part of a build for both myself and the buyer!

In my mind, although not everybody may feel the same, a custom boat should be tailored to exactly what the buyer wants. There are endless options in how a boat can be arranged to suit a particular persons needs and as such why I offer the original boats as a sort of "blank canvass".......This way you get to be the artist too!

Hope this answers your question.

Is it just a coincidence that the Kellahan listed in the buy and sell section is also called Baby Duck? Or did you build that one too?

Tightlines22: Not a coincidence my friend, I actually own both these boats. The 20 foot Kellahan was not built by me, it was built by Kellahan in Vancouver in 2002. My wife and started a small company in 2013 working with some environmental consultants doing marine surveying on the water using this boat. The boats name was babyduck so we called our company "Babyduck Industries". It's a sort of funny/silly name but we have fun with it.......Asides, who doesn't like Babyduck!

Bruce wouldn't happen to be the designer for Pacific boats would he sure looks like the same design .

Bruce Cope. http://www.aluminumboatdesigns.com/ . Not the designer of Pacific boats. I can see the console looking very similar but the main hull looks nothing like a Pacific Skiff IMO. Bruce used to build them himself locally then just started designing full time for other shops. It's nice to see local builders sticking with local designers. He is in Parksville, B.C. (British Columbia, Canada).

Derek does this and your 20 footer come with trailers? thanks
This boat, (The Cope 18) has a single axle trailer with electric brakes. The 20 foot Kelahan "Almost" has a trailer. The reason I say almost is the trailer is in my possession however it is not yet registered to me. The previous owner (Family friend) passed away last year and changing the registration is proving difficult and will take a bit of time. I will keep you posted.

Bruce Cope. http://www.aluminumboatdesigns.com/ . Not the designer of Pacific boats. I can see the console looking very similar but the main hull looks nothing like a Pacific Skiff IMO. Bruce used to build them himself locally then just started designing full time for other shops. It's nice to see local builders sticking with local designers. He is in Parksville, B.C. (British Columbia, Canada).

The hull on this Cope 18 is designed by Bruce however the console was designed by me and perhaps that is why it looks like a cross with a Pacific Skiff. There are many consoles that are very similar to this one, it is just a nice rigid design that works well so lots of people build similar. Bruce's hull designs (I'm a little biased here) are the best riding boats I have ever been on. The hulls are incredibly labour intensive to build but the end result is a very solid unit that has an outstanding shape. Again, I am pretty biased as I build them!

Back