For all those who think the Stamp has nothing but hatchery rats

Haven't heard from him lately. He's living in vic ang got all married and stuff. Thought i'ld see him up here fishing by now. I guess he is enjoying warmer endevers.
Pm me your #.Thinking of doing a trip their this yr.Been way too long away.

Doelicious!!! Here are some shots of rare head. Winter does pushing 15lbs!

Attachments

• doelicious.jpg
    doelicious.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 125
  • doelicious 001.jpg
    doelicious 001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 111
  • doelicious 002.jpg
    doelicious 002.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 125
  • doelicious 004.jpg
    doelicious 004.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Big winter steel.jpg
    Big winter steel.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 127
Winter does pushing 15lbs!

Those were clearly only pushing 12 max..............
emo-coffee.gif

;)

Lovin the ****

I think if you're gonna release a fish then all you need is a picture.... this thread alone has shown that the length/girth formula will always be controversial. Maybe its not that much extra damage to tape out a fish.... depends who is doing it a guess. I've always wondered about all those 50lb + salmon being netted, taped, posed for pictures and then released.... If you're a paying client and you agree to release, that's awesome!! do you really need a taped out weight?? I guess at the end of the day its their decision and better than bonking it. Maybe just non-retention fish shouldn't be taped........:confused:

Hey hambone, good point. What's up with a girth measurement, anyway? Talk about stressing a fish. The worst offenders I've seen are the fly guys: length, girth then passing the fish around after the taping ceremony for their hero shots. I found a freaking tape measure on the Bulkley last year. The Bulkley !!!! --- the land of 30" - 34" steel with an occasional 38 thrown in to spice things up: like somehow you have to get a girth on a ten pound fish or it didn't count??

You remember all the fireworks the stated weight "estimate" caused with that big Haida Gwaii spring last August on the saltwater forum-- that fish that got C&R' d by a guide boat? They could have called it a 70+ but it turned into a hair-splitting contest trying to fine-tune the weight, with lots of shiat being flung around in the process. A bit like what happened with SS's fish.

Screw the tape stuff. Get a quick pic, (don't shove the fish into the camera lens) and turn it loose. All a tape does it spike lactic acid production.
Throw in a girth measurement on top of a length measurement? You're rubbing slime off the body and opening windows for fungal infections.

If it's a major slab, lay your rod up against the body, then measure the rod later when you get off the river.

Hey hambone, good point. What's up with a girth measurement, anyway? Talk about stressing a fish. The worst offenders I've seen are the fly guys: length, girth then passing the fish around after the taping ceremony for their hero shots. I found a freaking tape measure on the Bulkley last year. The Bulkley !!!! --- the land of 30" - 34" steel with an occasional 38 thrown in to spice things up: like somehow you have to get a girth on a ten pound fish or it didn't count??

You remember all the fireworks the stated weight "estimate" caused with that big Haida Gwaii spring last August on the saltwater forum-- that fish that got C&R' d by a guide boat? They could have called it a 70+ but it turned into a hair-splitting contest trying to fine-tune the weight, with lots of shiat being flung around in the process. A bit like what happened with SS's fish.

Screw the tape stuff. Get a quick pic, (don't shove the fish into the camera lens) and turn it loose. All a tape does it spike lactic acid production.
Throw in a girth measurement on top of a length measurement? You're rubbing slime off the body and opening windows for fungal infections.

If it's a major slab, lay your rod up against the body, then measure the rod later when you get off the river.

Great post.

In my experience of messuring fish that got to be weighed after is that the most formulas are very accurate. A problem is that the tape messure is as easily fudged as pie and bar graphs. I once had someone mad at me for remeassuring his fish and knocking 3 inches of his official meassurement. It really was only a spetacular 14lb chrome doe that he wanted to be 17 so bad. I just wanted to know the real measurments but ended up being an asshole in the end. Oh well.
I messure my fish by giving an eyeball LxG cross referrenced with the bulge in the crotch of my waders x quality of experience x good company = nice fish experience! Photos don't usually lye. They make for a great trophy of the experience as a whole and will reveal tru mass that a fish may have.
Here is a few more nice shots that i like. They arent huge fish but they made great photos.

Attachments

• Nice shots.jpg
    Nice shots.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Nice shots 001.jpg
    Nice shots 001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Nice shots 002.jpg
    Nice shots 002.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Nice shots 003.jpg
    Nice shots 003.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Nice shots 004.jpg
    Nice shots 004.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 105
This is a really cool shot (in the boulders) that you don't see every day. Thanks for sharing Fishmyster.

I fixed that for yah to support the current situation and i know how you feel!

Couldn't help but notice you left out this part........

"I messure my fish by giving an eyeball LxG cross referrenced with the bulge in the crotch of my waders x quality of experience x good company = nice fish experience! Photos don't usually lye."

I guess you will just have to catch a few more of your own to fully appreciate this part..........Three and a half months to go.....clocks tickin'..........tick tock...........

Back