Floor options?

fishies

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to get a little more grip on the floor of my boat. Currently it is just glassed over plywood with gel coat. Which is fine until the deck gets a bit wet and slimy. I'm in the process of doing some renovations on it so I don't mind sanding down the gel coat to adhese a good product. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks!

some ideas, you can:
put on tiles (look great but gets dirty underneath)
put a roll-on non skid on the deck
put a spray on bed liner on the deck

I would sand the gel coat, then apply another layer of same with anti-sag compound mixed in and use paint roller to spread. The dried result will be like 50 grit sand paper. Little harder to clean, but you won't slip!

If you go to Home Depot, into the paint section, you can pick up Epoxy Paints for garage floors. Sand your floor, put on a primer, then paint over. They also sell a non-slip silica mixture for the paint that you apply on as the last coat with a roller -- costs about $6 for a bag. As Reel Knotty describes, it's like rough sandpaper -- very grippy when wet or dry. Will cost you less than $50.

Thanks guys i'll be giving the paint on stuff with a roller a try! I'd rather it a bit harder to clean then sliding around when its wet.

Industrial paints and plastics has a product called grip tread,it comes in gallon cans and is made for marine applications.When i got my boat built by northwest aluminum Doug suggested it for the floor,it's what he uses on all his boats.

Another product worth looking at is called Kiwi Grip. You can find it on the web, with dealer listings as well.

shark grip,, add it to some gel-coat, or rubber tiles

Has anyone ever replaced Bayliner carpet with a non-slip covering, really tired of the blood stains.

Back