floating worm for trout?

What species are you targeting?

Corkies are used with bait to keep it off the bottom.So if that is what your intent is,go fo it.

Give it a whirl, or anything else you can think of. The majority of the fun is trying and succeeding. And remember, even in failure we learn. ;)

Give it a whirl, or anything else you can think of. The majority of the fun is trying and succeeding. And remember, even in failure we learn. ;)

Failure is part of the learning process :)

I went to horne lake a couple of years ago, and I was taught that method by a fisherman that swore by it. It caught us fish, but dont put too many holes in the worm, or else the air will escape.

kunni

I went to horne lake a couple of years ago, and I was taught that method by a fisherman that swore by it. It caught us fish, but dont put too many holes in the worm, or else the air will escape.

kunni

i know ahha i got told to put the needle at the back of the tail then tye your hookw onto a pice of cork or something

i prefered bobber with 15-20ish foot leader(using bobber stops)..depending on the depth of the lake id aim at 8-10 feet off the bottom. I never liked floating it off the bottoms because you never know if the worm is floating or not - as trout are much better at looking up then looking down.

i never used a cork when I used that method?

yes, videos would be appreciated, are you going to fish from shore when you have such a nice boat?:confused: Double anchor your boat, and just put down a worm on a hook.

kunni

I'm going to hold you to that............

were are you fishing?

kunni

were are you fishing?

kunni

it a lake called heart lake and its on ladysmith side! you have to hike up holland creek then up some power lines but i went there today, and i think it still to cold i didnt even see one surface and i tryed bobber and power bait and worm and bottom with power bait or worm and not even a bite so im making some videos on sunday for you guys! at fuller lake

Worms are for gardens!

hey guys ive done this before such as putting a needle into a live worm to put air into it so it will float off bottom but will this be any good for bottom fishing meaning right now?
Try hanging a fly like a leach, dragon, caddis, blood worm, etc. If you're over twelve you're getting to old for worms and such. All you'll need is a couple split shots which you were using anyways and that bobber that was on your line.

Personally when it comes to bait I prefer using roe. Especially row you've prepared yourself. When you prepare it yourself your getting more out of your catch and people will call me a vag*na but something about feeding a worm onto a hook, and then even going as far as too blow it up like a balloon sort of bothers me a little these days.

Personally when it comes to bait I prefer using roe. Especially row you've prepared yourself. When you prepare it yourself your getting more out of your catch and people will call me a vag*na but something about feeding a worm onto a hook, and then even going as far as too blow it up like a balloon sort of bothers me a little these days.

could oyu tell me how to make roe and all the materials to do so ive always wanted to try it?

This is the recipe I always use, simple, and it firms the roe up nice so it stays on the hook well.
-Mix 1 cup each of sugar, borax, and salt into 1 quart of water.
-Cut eggs into bait size. Place in solution for 1 hour.
-Let air dry overnight on paper towels.
-Place in baggies and freeze until ready to use.
Some people add food colouring and I've even read recipies using jello mix in their brines. If you ever catch a trout and keep it to discover fresh ripe eggs in it, DO NOT let these go to waste. There are many lakes that dont have a salmon run through them, so the only eggs the fish know are trout eggs. It may be angler superstition (probably) but I find trout roe will work better than salmon roe every time.

Back